Dishonored

DanTheGamer11

Arkane Studios is developing the game. Bethesda is just the publisher.

It uses an updated version of the Unreal Engine, but doubtful it'll be UE4. Still, looks great already.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CGI trailer looks pretty badass. Getting a Singularity crossed with steampunk crossed with assassins creed vibe.

Too optimistic to hope for a late 2012 release? or more likely 2013?

CGI trailer looks pretty badass. Getting a Singularity crossed with steampunk crossed with assassins creed vibe.

Too optimistic to hope for a late 2012 release? or more likely 2013?

Wikipedia says 2012

Looks like an awesome game. I like the developer's opinions:

"At first we thought we don't the player to go there! Then we thought about it more... (snip) it's cool"

Graphics look tight, developers seem to have a good frame of mind and it looks/sounds like what I always wanted out of Bioshock. I know its nothing like Bioshock but the old artstyle and superhuman powers reminded me I wanted Bioshock to be a little more free flowing. While at the time the AI seemed more advanced than other games this game also looks like it will beef up enemy AI. I like how the developers say there are different routes that can be taken in addition to the different playstyles (stealth vs direct), etc.. Not familiar with Arkane Studios but they're on my map now!

• 3 weeks later...

Dishonored gets a release date

October 9, 2012 in North America, October 12 in Europe. It will launch on the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.

Bethesda is promising a hands-on build of the game at E3 next month, so look forward to even more impressions soon.

The Official boxart can is also be seen at the above link

I'm looking forward to hearing more at E3. this game is very much on my "to watch" list. potentially day 1 purchase IMO

Edited by bilcliff

• 3 weeks later...

Preorder bonuses listed

GameStop: Arcane Assassin Downloadable Upgrade Pack & Dishonored Tarot cards

Best Buy: Shadow Rat Downloadable Upgrade Pack & Whale Oil USB Lamp

Amazon: Backstreet Butcher Downloadable Upgrade Pack

Walmart: Acrobatic Killer Downloadable Upgrade Pack

Target: Smart Phone Dishonored Decal

I'm not particularly happy they're going down the same route BRINK did with all the store exclusive preorder dlc.