PZK Dubstep Mixes

doopypeanut

I'm not a big fan of dubstep, but objectively, I think they're good tracks. Sounds like a lot of time and effort was put into them, and I can definitely respect that they're well put together. Keep up the good work, you've got some great talent.

Right on for the positive feedback, thanks :D

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: I'm working on a 30 minute mix that's going to be included in a megamix for another website.

So far, my progress is probably at 3/4, I made sure the mixing wasn't awkward, and everything. Some things might need to be tweaked a bit, but other than that, the mix sounds pretty good. I'll update you guys when I'm done with the whole thing :cheers:

I just listened to your new mix. It's really good, I can definitely see (hear teehee.gif) the improvements over your past mixes. It really flowed quite well. Only one part that I thought didn't work, Bass cannon -> Unison. I can't figure whether they're out of key or what, but they just didn't go right with each other.

Great work, keep it up.

Edited by ARandomOWl

I just listened to your new mix. It's really good, I can definitely see (hear teehee.gif) the improvements over your past mixes. It really flowed quite well. Only one part that I thought didn't work, Bass cannon -> Unison. I can't figure whether they're out of key or what, but they just didn't go right with each other.

Great work, keep it up.

Thanks bro, I appreciate it :D and I have no idea what happened when it was switching over to Unison, but if you check out the 4th mix, you can see it flows alright. Glad you enjoyed it

Thanks bro, I appreciate it :D and I have no idea what happened when it was switching over to Unison, but if you check out the 4th mix, you can see it flows alright. Glad you enjoyed it

It works better. But then you went into it from a different track. The tracks just don't quite agree, in either mix unfortunately.

(in general) Maybe try chopping some things up here and there, teasing a bit. Beatmatching is good, maybe try swapping basslines between tracks rather than going straight from one to another. Experiment and go wild :D:)

An example of the above.

Listen from about 6:30. at 6:57 I bring in only the bass from "Crusader" (heavily filtered), then at 7:04, I turn off the filter (execution is far from perfect). From then I slowly fade out "Haunt you".

Also from 17:30, an example of "chopping things up" (even if it does sound awful teehee.gif).

Just trying to give you some ideas :)

An example of the above.

Listen from about 6:30. at 6:57 I bring in only the bass from "Crusader" (heavily filtered), then at 7:04, I turn off the filter (execution is far from perfect). From then I slowly fade out "Haunt you".

Haunt you is such a good song. Love it. Nice mix btw. Same with you OP

It works better. But then you went into it from a different track. The tracks just don't quite agree, in either mix unfortunately.

(in general) Maybe try chopping some things up here and there, teasing a bit. Beatmatching is good, maybe try swapping basslines between tracks rather than going straight from one to another. Experiment and go wild :D:)

An example of the above.

Also from 17:30, an example of "chopping things up" (even if it does sound awful teehee.gif).

Just trying to give you some ideas :)

I don't know, I just really liked both those songs, I felt a bit rushed because I wanted to make it in the mix for the site, but I doubt they'll use all of my mix.

I'll probably chop it up a bit over in that section again or just completely redo it, add another beat to fix up the transition probably, or something. If you saw what I did with "Redstep" and "To The Stars", I'll probably do the same thing with different tracks or do something crazy haha :D

I see what you did with the filtering, and I'm not sure if I'll do something like that, but I will mess around with the effects on VDJ and just screw around until something sounds completely eargasmic.

Also, nice mix, it's really calm dubstep :thumbsup:

Haunt you is such a good song. Love it. Nice mix btw. Same with you OP

Cheers fella :)

I don't know, I just really liked both those songs, I felt a bit rushed because I wanted to make it in the mix for the site, but I doubt they'll use all of my mix.

I'll probably chop it up a bit over in that section again or just completely redo it, add another beat to fix up the transition probably, or something. If you saw what I did with "Redstep" and "To The Stars", I'll probably do the same thing with different tracks or do something crazy haha :D

I see what you did with the filtering, and I'm not sure if I'll do something like that, but I will mess around with the effects on VDJ and just screw around until something sounds completely eargasmic.

Also, nice mix, it's really calm dubstep :thumbsup:

I know it's nice to put certain songs in sometimes. Try not to get to obsessed with making certain tracks work together though :)

You don't have to use the "filter" as such, however the bass, mid and treble gain knobs are very useful. The brake and rewind effects can be very useful too.

I never thought of it as calm lol2.gif but I guess it is until somewhere in the middle tongue.gifthanks.gif

• 3 months later...