[SOLVED] Next game to play (PC)

IVIYTH0S

Added Mass Effect 3 to the list because I forgot bought it in May, it's slipped my mind because it was $10 with $10 rebate that I HAD to get it but then put it aside to finish Skyrim. :lol: (it's a physical copy and I was laying on my bed and noticed it staring me in the face on my shelf, I'm sure a boob sometimes)

What the relatively old Metro 2033 doing in your list? :P

My choices would be fear2 or portal 2 and if you like the style of gaming in batman arkham series, then it would be another good choice.

I never got around to it yet :rolleyes:

Lol so many multiple choice people

Well done with Skyrim (finally) and soon to be Fallout NV.

Decide my next game for my desktop and one for my laptop (after FO:NV):

1)F.E.A.R. 2

2)LA Noire

3)Batman Arkham Asylum

4)Bioshock 2 (laptop may handle this)

5)Dead Space (laptop may handle this)

6)Deus Ex: Human Revolution

7)Metro 2033

8)Portal 2 (laptop may handle this)

9)Sleeping Dogs

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - EPIC EPIC EPIC, definately play this first

Metro 2033 - Very good

Sleeping Dogs - Great storyline, great gameplay that feels similar to GTA

LA Noire - Nice (once you mod it to remove 720p bars and 30FPS cap)

Batman Arkham Asylum - Quite old but still ok , I'd try the others before this

Thanks!

What about for the laptop??

My vote is Arkham Asylum followed by Portal 2. Can't go wrong with either one, but you really owe it to yourself to check out the Batman Arkham series.

^This. BAA for desktop, Portal 2 for laptop (Source games will most definitely run on even a mediocre laptop).

I'd recommend against Dead Space unless you have a controller. Mouse acceleration and smoothing and no way to turn it off. Makes aiming for rapidly moving limbs very difficult, especially in a game where you want to conserve ammo.

I didn't have an issue with the KB&M controls in DS per se, just that I was totally not a fan of the camera placement.

Thanks for the recommendations (and doing so in the most helpful way to me haha)

Would I still enjoy Batman as well as if I had the full Physx experience?? Isn't that one of the game's major features?

1)F.E.A.R. 2

2)LA Noire

3)Batman Arkham Asylum

7)Metro 2033

9)Sleeping Dogs

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - EPIC EPIC EPIC, definately play this first

Metro 2033 - Very good

Sleeping Dogs - Great storyline, great gameplay that feels similar to GTA

LA Noire - Nice (once you mod it to remove 720p bars and 30FPS cap)

Batman Arkham Asylum - Quite old but still ok , I'd try the others before this

I never understood why a company made a game called sleeping dogs then another company announces a game called watch dogs.

Lol and it was apparently a new True Crime title before it was Sleeping Dogs...it really confused me because I was like "how the hell did they change THAT (Watch Dogs) to THIS(Sleeping Dogs)", not that I was putting down Sleeping Dogs but Watch Dogs seems like it will be a truly next gen game in a league of its own! Edited by IVIYTH0S

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote is Arkham Asylum followed by Portal 2. Can't go wrong with either one, but you really owe it to yourself to check out the Batman Arkham series.

^This. BAA for desktop, Portal 2 for laptop (Source games will most definitely run on even a mediocre laptop).

I'd recommend against Dead Space unless you have a controller. Mouse acceleration and smoothing and no way to turn it off. Makes aiming for rapidly moving limbs very difficult, especially in a game where you want to conserve ammo.

I didn't have an issue with the KB&M controls in DS per se, just that I was totally not a fan of the camera placement.

Thanks for the recommendations (and doing so in the most helpful way to me haha)

Would I still enjoy Batman as well as if I had the full Physx experience?? Isn't that one of the game's major features?

While I think the Arkham games are the best examples of PhysX done right, it's certainly not required to enjoy it. PhysX basically just enhances the immersion with smoke, debris and cloth effects. It's still a very enjoyable game without PhysX and unless you compare them side by side, you wouldn't really know what you're missing anyway. lol. There is one part of Arkham Asylum that is extremely better with PhysX, but mentioning it would be a spoiler. Unless you're absolutely certain you'll get an NVIDIA card in the near future, just go ahead and play it now :). Think of it this way - even with PhysX off, you'll still have a better experience than the console version ;).

While I think the Arkham games are the best examples of PhysX done right, it's certainly not required to enjoy it. PhysX basically just enhances the immersion with smoke, debris and cloth effects. It's still a very enjoyable game without PhysX and unless you compare them side by side, you wouldn't really know what you're missing anyway. lol. There is one part of Arkham Asylum that is extremely better with PhysX, but mentioning it would be a spoiler. Unless you're absolutely certain you'll get an NVIDIA card in the near future, just go ahead and play it now :). Think of it this way - even with PhysX off, you'll still have a better experience than the console version ;).

Well I'm thinking about perhaps getting a lesser card to run physx if it's really worth it (that's what I did with Mirror's Edge, I ran an 8800GT alongside my 4870x2...which actually killed my last PSU :lol:)

Yeah I was thinking about that being my justification (the "it has to be better than console" excuse :D). I wish I could just force the physx to be rendered by my i7... I mean I never have this thing struggling even though it's generations old now. I wish it could actually be stressed so I can have my cake and eat it too (have physx without buying another video card)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Well I'm thinking about perhaps getting a lesser card to run physx if it's really worth it (that's what I did with Mirror's Edge, I ran an 8800GT alongside my 4870x2...which actually killed my last PSU :lol:)

Yeah I was thinking about that being my justification (the "it has to be better than console" excuse :D). I wish I could just force the physx to be rendered by my i7... I mean I never have this thing struggling even though it's generations old now. I wish it could actually be stressed so I can have my cake and eat it too (have physx without buying another video card)

What happened to your 8800GT? While that probably wouldn't suffice for BAO, remember that BAA is a 2009 game, so an 8800GT for PhysX should be just fine. IIRC, I was running an 8800GTX at the time.

What happened to your 8800GT? While that probably wouldn't suffice for BAO, remember that BAA is a 2009 game, so an 8800GT for PhysX should be just fine. IIRC, I was running an 8800GTX at the time.

It died, I eventually just gave it to my dad since there were no games I owned that had PhysX and he could benefit more from the graphics than my shelf could. (the second bake just didn't bring the poor, tired soul back...)

Now that he's getting a 7770, I couldn't borrow it for a temporary Batman card sadly :rolleyes:

IVI, have you played Mass Effect 1 and 2?

Of course!! Love them!

I absolutely love Sleeping Dogs!

So is that your vote? :P

Metro Bioshock 2 and Portal 2.

In that order?

Edited by IVIYTH0S

So now my recommendation is Arkham Asylum, Portal 2, and then Mass Effect 3. Despite the issues some people have with ME3, it is, in my opinion, an emotional rollercoaster (in a good way) that puts the finishing touches on your epic story.

1)F.E.A.R. 2

2)LA Noire

3)Batman Arkham Asylum

7)Metro 2033

9)Sleeping Dogs

10)Mass Effect 3

fear 2 with all the add on's...don't play it at night  or by yourself alone in the house...

ME3,...will keep you occupied for awhile

i preferred metro last light, but i guess you need the 2033 back story for it to make good sense...

dead space is friggin creepy too

portal is an all consuming puzzle game, ...it just keeps going and going and going and going and going and going and going...infinity...

i'd say skyrim, gameplay is very simular to Fallout (hence is form the same company) and should be to demanding for your laptop, absolutly a must have if you didn't play it yet. I've recomended it a few buds taht normaly only play shooters/horrors and they all enjoyed it