New GPU

Wolfrider

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I finaly managed to get the 9800 in my rig, only because I had to ship my old card away. Well apart from having a 1-2 fps avarage instead of 100, nothing crashes anymore!

but i've only tested a few games yet, will give an update later; Btw i got 220 euro for my cards, it  seems gpu loss half of their value over a year)

sorry I hit "quote" instead of edit, can't I remove this post?

Edited by Wolfrider

So I finaly managed to get the 9800 in my rig, only because I had to ship my old card away. Well apart from having a 1-2 fps avarage instead of 100, nothing crashes anymore!

So now I'm wondering is it just the card(s) that are bad OR is that card simply such a bottleneck that the system as a whole isn't being stressed to the point of malfunction or what.

Now the next test I'd run, if you're willing to put forth the effort, is trying one of your cars in another computer and try gaming.

my car? or do you mean card? :D the cards are sold, if they are bad cards I'm sure i'll hear it loud enough. I'll buy the gtx new, so if there are any problems I can still send it back 

and I think my onboard gpu (from the 2600k, i've got a Z board) is faster then that old 9600, and it's loud as hell. Btw what is faster a gtx770 oder a gtx580? It's half the cost

Edited by Wolfrider

Hm ok 770 it is then

o and the game still crashes in skyrim... I don't have to usual stutter and everything works fine, but when I provoke to much ragdoll effects the game closes (if I bumb into a chart/rocks and push it 10 meters for example)