Our Ultra Aluminum Hard Drive Cooler is posted

Nemo

Some things I saw wrong with it, I'm not being anal about it either I just figured you wanted to know if there was anything wrong with it, you can delete my post after if you want:

1st page has 4 breaks between the the text and the pictures

2nd page has 8 breaks? between the text and the pictures

3rd page has 5 breaks between the text and the pictures along with no period after the last word of the 1st paragraphical blurb

Other than that is is a VERY good review, only dropped the HD by 3 degrees but any little bit helps

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the varrying "white space" between sections paragraphs and pictures inthe review.

7xsmayv.gif

EDIT:

On another note. You might want to read over Google's findings (PDF) about HDD temps vs life span. It's alot of stuff to read but in short there is less correlation between the drive's temperature fail rate than you might think, and drives that were cooled excessively actually failed more often than those running a little hot.

The spaces dont really bother me, but at the same time that inner web designer guy just keeps poking things making me think...that's bad. Of course the lazy part of me just hits that other guy in the head with a brick and we leave it how it is, but that's another story for another day :lol:

On another note. You might want to read over Google's findings (PDF) about HDD temps vs life span. It's alot of stuff to read but in short there is less correlation between the drive's temperature fail rate than you might think, and drives that were cooled excessively actually failed more often than those running a little hot.

Yep. Keeping the temperatures consistent and minimizing spinups seemed to be the best way to keep drives running for a long period of time.

I've been setting the drives in every computer I own to never spin down and have had very good luck with them. SMART reports all the drives are in excellent shape even after a few years of heavy duty use. My laptop is the only one set to spin down.

my thoughts exactly. (thanks cchalogamer for the link to the hdd temps vs life span. should be a good read.) but i would def think that the heat cycling the drives would be more detrimental to lifespan than higher temps.