Would you use a laptop, if it were as modular as a desktop?

neddamttocs

21 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use a laptop, if it were as modular as a desktop?

• Yes
    • No
    • Possibly
    • Other

This week on OCC Poll ...

We want to know if you would use a laptop for everyday use if it were as modular as a desktop?

Let us know!

I would.

Most of the time i get hold back by the hardware of the laptop if i wanted to play a game.

If i can upgrade the video card and other components to remedy this, i would get a laptop for gaming and if i want a big screen i'l just plug it in the tv.

thats a tough question but short answer probably no.

I use my desktop for 99% of the things I do. Laptop/netbook I only use at work because its easier to move and I only surf the web. and test codes on cars

kindly define: "as modular as a desktop"

since my gamer is just that, "a gamer", everything else comes second,....now if a laptop could store and play my games as well, then i would consider it for daily use...

I would have to so no but that is because I have a desktop and I do not see a laptop being near as cool or powerful as a desktop. However if I did not have a desktop and traveled quite a bit a laptop would be my choice especially with how a modern laptop can upgrade gpu, ram, and CPU tons certain extent.

No.I like my monitor to be close to my face, since I don't like the Chicklet style keyboards on a laptop, using a full size keyboard would only push the screen ever farther away, by the end, you could be sitting upwards of 3 feet away from a 15.4" screen.

No, only because you'd be upgrading every second to keep performance per celcius in check. Too much performance (before technology can keep cool) and you'll over heat but as the dies shrink you'll get more performance for the same heat generation.... aka you'll go broke keeping up with newer games