7690m Temperature

hey guys i recently bought a HP dv6 6c38tx to play SWTOR on, it runs great with around 60fps however im unsure about the gpu temp. it gets up to about 85 degrees after playing for about an hour. Is this too high? or is it alright for the model of the card.

Cheers.

hey guys i recently bought a HP dv6 6c38tx to play SWTOR on, it runs great with around 60fps however im unsure about the gpu temp. it gets up to about 85 degrees after playing for about an hour. Is this too high? or is it alright for the model of the card.

Cheers.

I have a dv6 blagh blagh something something 24tx haha

6770m GPU and it should be comparable for temps and the highest temp I hit after an hour of play was 60C with a 25C ambient although granted I was on a laptop cooling pad.

I recommend you get one too for when you game otherwise when you are using the HD graphics heat is not an issue one bit.

Also 85C is alright for a laptop GPU although not exactly pleasant if it is on your lap.

I have a dv6 blagh blagh something something 24tx haha

6770m GPU and it should be comparable for temps and the highest temp I hit after an hour of play was 60C with a 25C ambient although granted I was on a laptop cooling pad.

I recommend you get one too for when you game otherwise when you are using the HD graphics heat is not an issue one bit.

Also 85C is alright for a laptop GPU although not exactly pleasant if it is on your lap.

stupid.gif +1

85c is no big deal for a gpu. but it will be uncomfortable in your lap, other than that, 85 is fine. Just as stoner said, Get a decent laptop cooling pad and game on that when possible.

Cheers.

Graphics cards in laptops tend to get VERY hot. I wouldn't say yours it too high, but if you want to replace the thermal grease, that is almost always helpful. Be warned however, getting to your GPU is probably going to require completely disassembling your computer. :erm:

My GPU overheating story :

I had a Geforce 8600m GT in the first laptop I bought back in 2007 (ASUS G1s).

It would reach 93C and be fine. However, after I RMA'ed it for other reasons, they replaced the motherboard with one that got up to 97C, and then it would start to throttle and stutter.. I RMA'ed it two more times and finally got a new card 9500M GS. Same thing happened.

Four years later, I finally cracked it open the completely took it apart. I inspected the GPU heatsink and found they had applied a LOT of thermal paste to the heatsink, stuck a square piece of foil over it, and attached it to the GPU.. rendering the thermal paste useless :doh:

I took off the foil, cleaned the thermal paste off, and added some Tuniq TX-2... its now maxes out in the low 80's.

Graphics cards in laptops tend to get VERY hot. I wouldn't say yours it too high, but if you want to replace the thermal grease, that is almost always helpful. Be warned however, getting to your GPU is probably going to require completely disassembling your computer. :erm:

My GPU overheating story :

I had a Geforce 8600m GT in the first laptop I bought back in 2007 (ASUS G1s).

It would reach 93C and be fine. However, after I RMA'ed it for other reasons, they replaced the motherboard with one that got up to 97C, and then it would start to throttle and stutter.. I RMA'ed it two more times and finally got a new card 9500M GS. Same thing happened.

Four years later, I finally cracked it open the completely took it apart. I inspected the GPU heatsink and found they had applied a LOT of thermal paste to the heatsink, stuck a square piece of foil over it, and attached it to the GPU.. rendering the thermal paste useless :doh:

I took off the foil, cleaned the thermal paste off, and added some Tuniq TX-2... its now maxes out in the low 80's.

Just wow :-/

I must be fair lucky then with all my laptops as they have always sat around 50-60C for all components after strenuous use.

I will be changing my TIM shortly enough because I hope to be grabbing a 240Gb Patriot Pyro SE on Thursday and will be doing an op drive mod shortly after that to put my 750Gb HDD back in the laptop once the SSD is installed.