New Hardware detected wizard wont go away

notorious_benny

Finished building a new computer yesterday. With winodws XP.

I installed all my drivers from the supplied disks for the extra hardware I have installed in the computer.

I keep getting the "new hardware detected" wizard popping up everytime I reboot the system. The wizard tells me the device is a PCI device but dosnt stipulate the name of the device.

The only device I have in the PCI slots is a creative 5.1 sound card. (Which is working as I have installed the software for this card

When the wizard prompts to search over the net for appropriate drivers I get an error saying software could not be found. I also get a similar error when I prompt the wizard to search the supplied CD.

How do I get rid of this annoying pop up???

System is

Intel E6600

Asus P5N-E-SLI with Nvidia 650 chipset

Asus 7600GS vid card

OCZ 2GB DDR2 ram kit

Creative 5.1 sound card

Have you checked the Device Manager to see if there are any errors listed next to any of the PCI devices?

Yes there was an error but it was listed as a PCI device, it wasnt specific about which device (no name).

Anyway I have fixed it now, I re-installed my nvidia motherboard drivers including letting it auto install the onboard sound drivers this time around and it fixed the problem....???!!!!

All good now.