I'm moving over to Bing

damian

I'm just wondering why this is even a topic.

Though I will say, I most definitely prefer to be notified of what search engines people use then being notified when someone sharts.

its obviously meant to be a bing discussion ..

sorry for not using proper OP etiquette

My post probably came off a bit cruel - not intended.  Just not used to people declaring what they use and nothing else, "I switched to Tide laundry detergent!" :blink:  ...yay?   Probably would have made more sense to me if you said what you like and don't like about it, but it is your topic so you can do with it what you want.  Though it definitely left it open for people to discuss bing how they see fit.

Though I will say, I most definitely prefer to be notified of what search engines people use then being notified when someone sharts.

My post probably came off a bit cruel - not intended.  Just not used to people declaring what they use and nothing else, "I switched to Tide laundry detergent!" :blink:  ...yay?   Probably would have made more sense to me if you said what you like and don't like about it, but it is your topic so you can do with it what you want.  Though it definitely left it open for people to discuss bing how they see fit.

I use Tide and I'm rather happy with it.

I have never heard of Tide before. OMO works for me.

My post probably came off a bit cruel - not intended.  Just not used to people declaring what they use and nothing else, "I switched to Tide laundry detergent!" :)

no worries :) Edited by damian

One thing is for certain Bing Maps are a thousand times better than google. I use them all the time scouting for hunting and fishing spots.

I was going to mention this but I forgot, I think Bing maps are VERY overrated and quite good as well. (I like the Bird's Eye view, a nice neat twist to satellite view)

May want to rethink your use of "then" there.

Google has been frustrating me lately with poor /unrelated results, "similar" searches filling up my results, and clearly paid for sites at the top if their list. Their shopping search is a joke - ALL those results are paid for.

Just today I search for some God of War info and I swear more then half of the first page was Gears of War...bolded and everything like I typed it in x.x.

Hasn't gotten to the point where I switch search engines, but the results are clearly not as good as they were 5 years ago.

Google has been frustrating me lately with poor /unrelated results, "similar" searches filling up my results, and clearly paid for sites at the top if their list. Their shopping search is a joke - ALL those results are paid for.

Just today I search for some God of War info and I swear more then half of the first page was Gears of War...bolded and everything like I typed it in x.x.

Hasn't gotten to the point where I switch search engines, but the results are clearly not as good as they were 5 years ago.

I've seen this too, their shopping search function is pretty awful and useless now. It used to be kind of handy, for Ebay auctions for instance it may have them listed and then when you click them the item is bought up lol. Or the prices are wrong.

Same :)

no worries :)

:D

May want to rethink your use of "then" there.

:lol:

You're a cruel, cruel, cruel man for pointing that out!  Funny though, gave me a good laugh ...but still mean. :vmad:

Bing and Google tend to work well. I have had "does not play nice with other software" experiences with Google.

At which point Bing is fine. Bing homepage, not so much. Google homepage just not. Like Yahoo home page.