The Unofficial Battlefield 3 Thread

WhenKittensATK

I'm not sure why, but the fact that they added in the ability to bypass all the leveling up, and just buy everything you can unlock in the game pisses me the hell off. Seriously, I've played for over 50 hours, and I don't have everythjing, yet some jackass with an extra $25 in his pocket can unlock every god damn item? It's a blatant money grab by EA.

Nothing too exciting in the 1.6gb patch? I must be reading a different press release than you.

Vehicle horn? omg so epic, should have been there at the start

Global commo rose? omg so epic, should have been there at the start

New minimap? doesn't really matter

Flares for everyone? omg so epic, should have been there at the start

Commands given through commo rose? omg so epic, should have been there at the start

Buy-able unlock bundles? doesn't really matter

This patch is what should have been in the game from the start. Not exciting.

I'm not sure why, but the fact that they added in the ability to bypass all the leveling up, and just buy everything you can unlock in the game pisses me the hell off. Seriously, I've played for over 50 hours, and I don't have everythjing, yet some jackass with an extra $25 in his pocket can unlock every god damn item? It's a blatant money grab by EA.

But its a good thing, now I can level the advantage that the veterans have and it can at least be equal fun and you dont get newbies trying to play and getting pwned by veterans.

I am just talking about the stuff they fixed finally. Should have been there from the start, yes, but uh, it wasnt... Never said this was an epic update, I am just glad it came out. Now hopefully they didn't . up my AEK and I will be happy.

I do agree with the being able to buy perks, I think that is a little crappy. I am not too worried though, they will still be scrubs :D

For those who own 7970 or GTX 680 and tri-monitor setup:

Does it get 60 FPS on a single card and what settings?

Most of the reviews are using highest possible settings, which clearly show a single card isn't going to cut it. However I'm not planning to max out everything, so doesn't help me much.

Edited by AZNguyen

I wish I could figure out why I'm only getting 40 fps w/ my 5850 on the lowest settings possibly. Not even running my native resolution

edit: oh and it's overclocked to 915/1200mhz

Edited by _TheAlexO

For those who own 7970 or GTX 680 and tri-monitor setup:

Does it get 60 FPS on a single card and what settings?

Most of the reviews are using highest possible settings, which clearly show a single card isn't going to cut it. However I'm not planning to max out everything, so doesn't help me much.

The OCC review shows 40 FPS with High Settings with 4x AA and 16x AF - LINK.

Cut down the AA and AF and lower a couple more settings and you should at least be able to get high 50s. Though 60 FPS and above might be really hard with just one card.

Is this the patch that nerfs and over powers weapons so a .22 will preform like a .44 and a 9mm will work as good as a 7.62 so much for real world ballistics if it is or if they finally pulled their heads out and didn't do it