[Build Log] Project Abyss

wutdo

abysslogo.png

Sponsored By
ekwaterblockslogo.jpg

finally got the first 2 coats of paint onto the desk came up much better than i was expecting.
Carbon Vinyl arived have aplied it to the false floors and decided to seperate the back devider
and mount the Resivior between them will get to work on that later today  anyway time for some more pictures

1g21.jpg
8btv.jpg
44rm.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another fan of your fans haha, I used to run Ultra Kazes with my old TRUE on my Core2Quad system :)

nice how loud did they get
Not too loud, since I had a fan controller and had the speed set to the absolute lowest they'd spin up at. Sooooo quiet and they still cooled amazing, full blast didn't seem to help appreciably. I'm guessing their massive 38mm style might have a part to play in their multitalented ways.

Another fan of your fans haha, I used to run Ultra Kazes with my old TRUE on my Core2Quad system :)

nice how loud did they get
Not too loud, since I had a fan controller and had the speed set to the absolute lowest they'd spin up at. Sooooo quiet and they still cooled amazing, full blast didn't seem to help appreciably. I'm guessing their massive 38mm style might have a part to play in their multitalented ways.

true i tested them over the weekend not as loud as i was expecting but 6 running full ball you sorta notice it... in the next room

Edited by wutdo

abysslogo.png

Sponsored By
ekwaterblockslogo.jpg

got some time over the weekend to get some more work done. decided against the single back seperator
and have gone for 2 with a mini cave in the middle looks a lot nicer provides that little bit more room.
have been trying to decide whether to add another reservior (or 2) behind and under the main reservior
not sure how it will look guess once i paint the new deviders and get the top on will make a decision.

and for the photos
oqy3.jpg
x1wg.jpg
9l4p.jpg
6e0b.jpg
3x87.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

abysslogo.png

Sponsored By
ekwaterblockslogo.jpg

finally have time to post some more details about the build, top of the desk is pretty much complete
just have a couple of holes to drill for the watercooling tube and knock up the base, i had a fiddle
around with the fridge idea during the week and came to the conclusion that was stupid enough to even
consider it... didn't pan out but no problem as the 2 radiators will easily  be enough for the rig.
got round to cleaning the dust and crap out of the desk and wipe it down i was actually quite impressed
how well it came up... now all that's left is new temp sensor displays (wanted red got blue) and also
a 2nd reservoir to mount with the pump as a fill-port for the whole thing.

qo1w.jpg

acld.jpg

ve3d.jpg

56lc.jpg

c9n1.jpg

lt38.jpg

o1q4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

abysslogo.png

Sponsored By
ekwaterblockslogo.jpg

finally had some time Monday to get a little work done on the build, firstly i finished mounting the LED's and UV Tubes,
and have had time to get one of the radiators mounted along with the power supply/s (one on display) and have got most of
the tubing in ready to mount the Mobo just have to get around to finishing the base for it and drag it back inside to set
it all up.. didn't take into account the size of the doors

xptq.jpg
LED's after i fixed the switch problem that burnt out one of the cables... lack of sleep does that
2lvd.jpg

5i7u.jpg
The Red Temp sensors finally arrived got them in looks far better over the blue ones. thinking of using them on the next build

sopr.jpg

npah.jpg

zsze.jpg
Power Supply Fit in wasn't sure how it would look but it looks better than having nothing in that gap
6f5f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

abysslogo.png

Sponsored By
ekwaterblockslogo.jpg

hi all sorry for the lengthy time this project has taken unfortunately work commitments get in the way of
free time. just a quick update finally finished setting up the water loop, and have one of the 2 Motherboards
in. will have the glass top arrive sometime in the next 2 weeks and maybe even decide to buy a RevoDrive 3x2 240gb
for the C drive on the main workstation even though i have had some bad luck with the RevoDrives in the past.. 3
different cards all failed within 6 months of use.. the original RevoDrive, RevoDrive 2 and RevoDrive 3.

here's some shots of the motherboard and cpu water-block installed
ouw6.jpg
and potentially where the SSD drives will lay out
63fl.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

abysslogo.png

Sponsored By
ekwaterblockslogo.jpg

Finally got some time to get the first computer up and running in the desk got the GPU water-block attached
and getting some nice temps under idle around 25-29 GPU and 35-45 CPU under full load jumps up to 39/40
for the GPU and around 60 for the CPU with a light overclock to 4.3Ghz for now but only have the fans
attached to one radiator as i realised i ordered the wrong length screws for the 38mm thick fans.

The GPU board. it doesn't look like much when you take the stock cooler off
cdhz.jpg
ji2.JPG

Had a problem with the Water-block Not sitting flat over the GPU so after removing the block and putting it back on
i forgot the back plate...
k2vq.jpg
ekcp.jpg
y7lf.jpg
8xti.jpg
w699.jpg
Some low temps should be good for a decent OC
i429.jpg
and finally what happens when you forget to clean the inside of your case for 2 months
womq.jpg

abysslogo.png

Sponsored By
ekwaterblockslogo.jpg

Managed to get time to mount the HDD's for the First Computer and had time to get some photos

yuo6.jpg
bckc.jpg
4bel.jpg

Also just realised that the UV lights have stopped working but few photos with the rest of the lights on
u25g.jpg
ib8w.jpg
sbnp.jpg
rvlc.jpg
ciwv.jpg
a5fn.jpg

Unfortunately found out during the weekend that the glass for the top has still not been made as the Glazier has been on leave
but hoping that they work something out.
Hopefully over the weekend i will have time to install the Server and replace the UV lights and maybe get a light to put directly behind the Reservoir to illuminate the Blood Red Die as i noticed that it does not react to the UV light.. even though
the containers state that it does

• 3 weeks later...

abysslogo.png

Sponsored By
ekwaterblockslogo.jpg

Last post for the Build finally got round to finishing it off last weekend and the glass has arived.

wz22.jpg
tb6r.jpg
SSD for the Server
o3go.jpg
and of course a small GPU to get video out
qxz7.jpg
Quick install of Win7 and than a bit of a tidy up

u7cy.jpg
qjrn.jpg
oyc6.jpg
e1ut.jpg
expt.jpg
17yp.jpg
u1ji.jpg

abysslogo.png

Sponsored By
ekwaterblockslogo.jpg

Finally got the camera out of the desk to take some photos of everything under the glass.
on another note ventilation is not great going to have to address this with more fans around the desk
also the reason why the Server water cooler is sitting outside the desk anyway here are final photos
also with the last Light for the Water Reservoir

ifv8.jpg

qmts.jpg

1ts8.jpg

hvr1.jpg

rp77.jpg

s8zw.jpg

v7pn.jpg

I'd like to thank EKwaterblocks for there support during this project