Custom Cooled Msi R4850 Reviewed

razor

Why is this MSI card ranked higher than the Sapphire Toxic card? Comparing the two reviews, it looks like the Toxic OC's better, and its numbers are WAY higher than this card (as tested). Temperatures seem comparable. I'm just curious in the comparison and wish this review could have compared the MSI with the Sapphire Toxic instead of a Sapphire reference card. Thank you for the hard work!

Hahah, thanks Bosco. The discrepancy just really confused me when I read the article, and clearly still does. I made sure to go back and check the test rigs -- they were the same, settings for the games seemed to be the same, etc., etc.. Just the reviewers were different. On pretty much any metric that was compared, the Toxic looked better. And it seems like it overclocks better. Maybe they had some deal with the manufacturers to not compare "early" versions of non-reference 4850s, I dunno. But, I am definitely looking forward to an explanation from either author (I have refrained from cross-posting in the Toxic article, and don't want to be rude). Maybe comes down to a preference for MSI over Sapphire. Just interested :)