which is better?

Guest Black gold saw.

Then i might as well grab a silver arrow. Which is constantly better (Not by much.) quieter, and cheaper and lighter..

The tier goes like this: Phanteks>Silver arrow>Nh-D14>VenemousX>megahalems

I wonder where you got those data from. I have a hunch you made them up..

Edited by vandreadstriker

From where did you get this comparison list?

Practical example: With my D14, I can OC my 2600K to 4.8GHz, whereas my friend have silver arrow and he can OC his 2600K to 4.3GHz. (both of us having max temp of 70-75C)

May be some of this difference is due to difference in chips but the amount of OC tells a complete story.

Np. The case flow also makes a difference between the Silver Arrow and the Noctua NH-D14 (read comments in 2nd link). Most likely the Noctua fans can effectively move air better than the Silver Arrow fans (which accounts for the higher acoustics), but unless you're going on a death run on a test bench, it won't matter one bit for real-world scenarios.

I actually prefer to see them compaired in a case.. I dont run anyting on a bench :)

I'm also a fan of acoustics (or rather low noise). So that is a big factor when I chose a cooler...

The noctua is better than the silver arrow. You have to remember that the silver arrow has more airflow because of the 2nd 140mm fan. If you put a second 140mm fan on the D14 it would crush the silver arrow.

The silver arrow does not hold up under high OC and load. The heat pipes reach their max capacity wayyyyy to early compared to the D14. Check out the OC3D contest between the D14 and the Silver arrow.

Phantek is the same deal. It is only better because of its 140mm fan compared to the d14's 120mm fan.

Not to mention that with arrow and the phantek coolers, you REALLY have to watch your ram clearance. With the D14, you can just through some mushkin ram in your system and call it done.

Bottom line is that if you find a custom builder, 9 times out of 10 they will be using the D14.

^ Is that review is in this forum?

found it. :) But can't find direct comparison chart. :dunno:

I ment literally pm him :pfp: he did the testing before being a reviewer and there is a reason why up until recently he was using a silver arrow.

Depending on where you are from you will see some different prices on it, but I suggest you take a look into Titan Fenrir. Cheaper and better than a Hyper 212+ ( at least it was for me anyway)