Aegis Full-tower Case From Chieftec Reviewed

Nemo

It seems pretty expensive considering its rather spartan list of features. I like the point about it being ripe for modding, but again for that price you're pretty close to being able to buy a case that doesn't need modding.

Good review though. Thanks for not pulling any punches.

Im going to buy this case instead of the Antec 1200 for my new rig... (Aegis full-tower is about $100 here...but the antec 1200 is $220 and 900 is $180, so i cant afford the antec)

But i am going to mod this Aegis, so i have a question to the reviewer... how big is the distance from bottom of the case (front panel) to the middle of the case where the USB and audio connectors are located. I was thinking about fitting 2x120mm Scythe SlipStreams to the front as a cold air intake...

Btw why does it say $117.99 in the review as thats the price of the grey version, but the black version that got reviewed is $104.99...

Edited by PingoPongo

Im going to buy this case instead of the Antec 1200 for my new rig... (Aegis full-tower is about $100 here...but the antec 1200 is $220 and 900 is $180, so i cant afford the antec)

But i am going to mod this Aegis, so i have a question to the reviewer... how big is the distance from bottom of the case (front panel) to the middle of the case where the USB and audio connectors are located. I was thinking about fitting 2x120mm Scythe SlipStreams to the front as a cold air intake...

Btw why does it say $117.99 in the review as thats the price of the grey version, but the black version that got reviewed is $104.99...

I don't have the numbers off hand, but if you give me a few days I can try to get them for you.

The price is also typically taken from price grabber and sometimes it will list the multiple color options as one choice. If I recall correctly, this is the case here.

nice review.

Just one comment, abit general really, as I feel this is missing from ALL OCC reviews.

Would be GREAT to have some pictures of the hardware ACTUALLY installed in a system. The only thing this dosent really apply to is CPU;s, but everything else, I always like to get an idea of what it looks like in the system.

I suppose this applies particularly to a case. Lets you SEE how well you can cable manage etc.

But even for things like Graphics cards, its just great to get an idea of the size etc, by SEEING it installed in a system.

I don't have the numbers off hand, but if you give me a few days I can try to get them for you.

The price is also typically taken from price grabber and sometimes it will list the multiple color options as one choice. If I recall correctly, this is the case here.

No rush with it... measure it when u can.

nice review.

Just one comment, abit general really, as I feel this is missing from ALL OCC reviews.

Would be GREAT to have some pictures of the hardware ACTUALLY installed in a system. The only thing this dosent really apply to is CPU;s, but everything else, I always like to get an idea of what it looks like in the system.

I suppose this applies particularly to a case. Lets you SEE how well you can cable manage etc.

But even for things like Graphics cards, its just great to get an idea of the size etc, by SEEING it installed in a system.

LOL... was about the ask the almost same thing...