SSD raid 0 help

Tjj226_Angel

I just got back on OCC after my last attempt worked on installing windows 7.

However, the fact that it is working is even more puzzling than why it would not work.

I tried probably about 20 times to install windows. I am sure you guys know that windows makes a little 100 MB side partition. For me in the past, it has always said 100 MB of 100 MB free. This time it was saying 86 of 100 MB was free. I am pretty sure this was the issue, because as wev said...everything else was kosher.

I was following some guides for my motherboard and os, and the only thing wrong was that little side partition.

I fixed by choosing to make a 100 MB partition of my own. I did not think it would work, and really I only tried it for lols. Here is basically how it went last night.... :lol: .......... :huh: ........................ :blink: ..................................................WHAT THE .***************************************************K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know it was the creation of the second 100 MB partition because I went back. Formated my drive and tried installing the OS again (normally this time) and still got a BSOD. I went back yet again and added the 100 MB partition and it works just fine. (When I say I added the 100 MB partition I mean I added it on top of the 100 MB partition that windows already made for me)

You know, one day I would love to have a normal problem. A dead PSU, a virus, a driver issue. Something trivial. However, I seem to keep wining the lotto of PC problems and always get impossible problems with even more impossible fixes. Someone really needs to save my computer from me :rofl:

I see ~83 MB free on the hidden partition on my Windows installs (all of them). I've never messed with the partition layout for Windows - I just let it do its thing. :teehee:

I see ~83 MB free on the hidden partition on my Windows installs (all of them). I've never messed with the partition layout for Windows - I just let it do its thing. :teehee:

:dunno:

In the past I always saw 100 MB free. Either my eyes are bad, it was a glitch, or it was just my luck with computers.

Even so, adding 100 MB to fix the issue is still....odd to say the least.

Well I just looked and it's at 70 MB free now. :lol:

Does anyone even know what that partition is really for anyways? :huh: . Could it be that maybe it is space for some weirdo updates? I was always told that it was an anti pirating method, but I never believed that hole heartedly.

I'm pretty sure it's the bootloader and the recovery/repair console.

huh. Interesting. I wonder why it is storing more stuff to it then. i.e. something must have been saved to it for it to have gone from 86 MB of free space down to 70 :mellow:

Updates perhaps?

It a backup of your boot info for your system.

This partition can be installed on an other drive, or even removed. When installed on a different drive windows acts really funny. This happened to me once by accented and once on purpose. The one time by accented, the drive that it was installed on failed, fun.

Usually windows is suppose to make this folder during install. But in your case looks like it over looked that. :wacko: