Occ Wants You To Join Our Folding@home Team!

Nemo

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will be prizes for all people that fold. I just might have a extra prize or two for the farm guys. But the contest is going to be based on folding not how many points you get.

I have not decided how its going to go but I will prob doing a special prize or two for the guys that have the farms.

Thank you Mr Motivation to get off my . and get everything that's been torn apart recently back up :) Though my "farm" has changed up a bit over the past month or two and I've given up on 3x9600GSOs together, either my 3rd old 8800GT style one doesn't play nice with the newer revision ones or I'm an idiot, but either way I moved the 3rd one to my main rig for "physx" processing (for all one game i have and sometimes play where that's useful) and I got my old 8800GT back from the guy I sold it to and slapped it in the server.

As for what clients to run, point wise it's certainly best to do GPU2, Linux SMP, VMware Linux SMP, Windows SMP, PS3 (maybe higher depending on your SMP setup), Old school console client.

Now with that said, it IS worth it to run the PS3 and old clients if you care more about research than points, reason being they run different work units and do different research from the other clients. Of course if you have a PS3 that's the only client it can run so why not? Older PCs however aren't really worth it most of the time unless you have "free" electricity. Also keep in mind that in XP each GPU client takes a CPU core, you can then use the rest for either a single old console client, or on a quad 3 console clients/an SMP client with the proper affinity set.

Thank you Mr Motivation to get off my . and get everything that's been torn apart recently back up :) Though my "farm" has changed up a bit over the past month or two and I've given up on 3x9600GSOs together, either my 3rd old 8800GT style one doesn't play nice with the newer revision ones or I'm an idiot, but either way I moved the 3rd one to my main rig for "physx" processing (for all one game i have and sometimes play where that's useful) and I got my old 8800GT back from the guy I sold it to and slapped it in the server.

lol glad I could help :) This is long overdue we need a contest for folding I just didn't want to do a little one like we normally did so I am going to spice it up a little bit. And when I say that I mean just a little :ph34r:

Dave shouldn't you be walking down the streets of Vegas looking for fire hydrants or something instead of on the net, lol. J/K sounds like a great contest coming up, Thanks Dave...

ummm no my job will to put signs up so ccokeman sees them well in advance :lol:

Well I've got the 9600 GSOs back up, though performance seems to be a bit low on them atm, guess ill have to look into it, but not now. Also got the GTX 260 back up, but it's constant whine when under extra heavy load (F@H and a few heavy GPU tasks) hold me back from 24/7 usage on it.