Skeleton Pc Station By Antec Examined

Nemo

The Skeleton can be found around $150 dollars from several sites. As already mentioned, it is unique and one of those products that people really like or really hate. I was very excited when this case was released had high hopes going into the review. Once I actually got my hands on it, I realized the parts weren't as easily accessible as I thought they would be. Much like a standard enclosure, you need to take several steps in order to get to the motherboard. But like the review said, the 250mm fan is strong and quiet.

It would actually be nice for an HTPC setup. Although it wouldn't go good with home theater equipment, it would save a great amount of space on a TV stand compared to some big case.

It would suck in quite a bit of dust wouldn't it??

Most likely.....and another thing is if you have a loud CPU cooler the noise isn't going to be sealed off like it would in an enclosed case.

• 3 weeks later...
Most likely.....and another thing is if you have a loud CPU cooler the noise isn't going to be sealed off like it would in an enclosed case.

True, but you really don't need a loud CPU cooler since you have such a large volume of cool air blowing down.

I mounted a extended ATX board in mine, supermicro H8DCE, and had to drill three extra holes in the tray. I didn't tap them, I just added nuts on the back of the standoffs.

My bigest complaint is the audio cable could not reach the AC97 connector which is a few inches from the back on the left.