Bosco

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1

ftcysk.jpg

there's my 920 @ 4Ghz, the 1090T scores 5.2 stock & 6.2 @ 4.1Ghz

just for comparison (since the review only had a 920 @ stock clocks)

The board needs to be set up properly. My 1035T at 4000MHz. Thuban scores 18%-20% higher at the same clock compared to your 920.

4000_cin11_l.jpg

just for comparison (since the review only had a 920 @ stock clocks)

Yeah, I was bummed about that. Since the i7 920 can get to 4.1 GHz with HT, it'd be nice to see a comparison between the two at 4.1 GHz. I read 2 other reviews already, and those didn't even give an OC review (though one did do 1 benchmark with it overclocked at 4.1 GHz). Pretty lame.

Anyways, having the systems mentioned in my sig, it doesn't seem like an upgrade from my Phenom II x3 720 BE is warranted while having my i7 920 d0 still doing my video encoding. Since the 1090T OC'd gets beat with a stock 980X, I think I'll wait and just upgrade to the i7 970 (x6) when it comes out.

Edited by El_Capitan

For gaming it looks entirely useless (Hell...OCC reviews end up making every CPU look damn near equal for gaming :lol:). Do the minimum FPS scores vary much?

For gaming it looks entirely useless (Hell...OCC reviews end up making every CPU look damn near equal for gaming :lol:). Do the minimum FPS scores vary much?

Most games aren't CPU-intensive. They need to add a game like SupCom to the list and maybe we'll see CPUs having an impact.

As for the 1090T, the conclusion lists a pro being "under $300", but the cheapest I've found it was at newegg for $310. Still, looks like AMD is finally getting back into the game!