My First Car !

Nyt

Dat Korean reliability! Its new, and its already broken! :lol:

"Gee, thanks mom and dad! A small Korean economical hatchback, just what I wanted!" :lol:

So... Uh... What's the 0-60 time on that baby? :teehee: At least its a manual though, right? Right? 

Lol. It comes with a decent service plan and warranty with roadside assistance so its perfect for me for a first car.

It's quite fuel efficient - and since our Gas price per gallon is over $5 and still climbing in South Africa this is definitely a plus for a first car.

0-62mph is 11.6 seconds, It's 73KW (so thats around 100HP) and 136Nm, but I wouldn't trust myself with anything faster as a first car to be honest.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the new car, treat it kindly.

:D

Though I'm glad it's a small cheap car.

I like the idea of not being able to own a 'fast' expensive car until you've had a year or more of driving under your belt.

That doesn't mean you'll be a good driver, but it certainly helps your chances of learning a bit of respect when you start off with a slow car.

Edited by Andrewr05

I wish my parents bought me a car...ever. :lol:

Hehe.. yeah... but hey you value it more when you buy it and build it yourself :P

Congratz nyt, or whatever your calling yourself now.

Now that is the flip side of y'all getting different and sometimes cooler cars over there, you can't drive them till you hit what 17-18? Some places here you can start at 14 :P

Edited by SpeedCrazy

Nice Car Dude!

Nothing wrong with that for your first car. Being a hatch back and such the insurance should be a heck of a lot cheaper on you as well.

My second car was a station wagon and I ended up turning it in to a sleeper (Turbocharged 99' Saturn SW2) so when you feel ready and willing you can always give her a little more go-go power!

Congrats on the new car, treat it kindly.

:D

Though I'm glad it's a small cheap car.

I like the idea of not being able to own a 'fast' expensive car until you've had a year or more of driving under your belt.

That doesn't mean you'll be a good driver, but it certainly helps your chances of learning a bit of respect when you start off with a slow car.

I feel like that depends on the person and how susceptible they are to peer pressure and whatnot. My first car was a 2011 Eclipse, and I only really ever put myself in danger once(Stupid teenager feeling like being on top of the world for the lose). I think as long as you know the consequences and think before you do something stupid, it really doesn't matter what you drive. I do have to watch out with my 2012 GTI though, I feel like I hit 60 faster than I expect to, the turbo sound is so addicting  :(

Edited by Krieg1337

gratz with your new toy Knight! :cheers:

small cars and most likely the hatchbacks are becoming popular nowadays, fun and easy to drive around without too much pain in the gas.

brother got his new honda jazz just recently and i liked it with the test drive. seems i dont want to drive our aged van anymore after trying the jazz :teehee: