Google Fiber - Am I reading this right?

EuroFight

You're a little late to the party. It's only one city that has it and they will probably be the only city for awhile. Its still too expensive to completely wire a city. No idea if they will even make money off of this. Definitely better than anything cable and satellite providers have to offer though.

Currently only available in Kansas City KS & MO. So unless you planin' on moving you're SOL. 

MOVE OVER GUYS I'M COMIN' TO 'MERICA!  :woot:

Only kidding, it sounds awesome though, they say it will come to other cities "according to demand"...well I demand it...now!  :teehee:

Read the TOS carefully  ..Nothing is EVER for free from large corporations.. they are getting something..   Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practice to deceive! and Google lawyers have LOTS of experience...

• Like 1

You're a little late to the party. It's only one city that has it and they will probably be the only city for awhile. Its still too expensive to completely wire a city. No idea if they will even make money off of this. Definitely better than anything cable and satellite providers have to offer though.

There are plenty of lobby groups for VA that are giving ungodly incentive for google to lay down fiber. I am sure other states are doing that as well, so I can only assume it won't be too long.

But damn though. That free service is about twice as fast as what we can get with DSL, and I can only assume the network latency ping is like .00000001 ns.

Though I would probably cough up 70 a month for gigabit down and upload speeds. That paired with kimdotcom's new Megaupload with the crazy bit encryption would be heaven.  

• 4 weeks later...