Xbox One

bp9801

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xbox one.  I have one of those collecting dust on my shelf downstairs.  I've been calling the first Xbox "Xbox one" ever since the 360 was released.  I can't possibly be the only one.

Not much I can say about the new Xbox One, Will be interested as more details come out.

Yeah they shoulda just stuck with XBox as a name. I dislike this modern simplistic style that MS is going for :/

And now we know it's a media box that can play games :D I wonder when they announce the subscription cost that is needed to be able to use most of the features, there ain't no TV here apart from the Sky crap.

Microsoft did say that if a disc was used with a second account, that owner would be given the option to pay a fee and install the game from the disc, which would then mean that the new account would also own the game and could play it without the disc.

Source

So while there is no Always-On requirement, all games must be installed to disc...and as such, it seems like there WILL be a "used games fee." Wonder how that's going to affect services like GameFly. Ouch!

When did MS talk about backwards compatibility? Or the licences? Granted it's very likely(no secondary GPU/CPU chip, doubtful it will emulate) but no backup(mostly concerning licences)? 

Edited by DanTheGamer11

When did MS talk about backwards compatibility? Or the licences? Granted it's very likely but no backup?

I didn't watch the event, but every source is reporting no backwards compatibility so it must been said somewhere, if not at the event, then maybe in a private interview.

I'm guessing it's only for Disc-games though, since they're going to Blu-ray. I would think XBL downloads would still run since the architecture is the same (as opposed to Sony going from Cell to x86).

I thought it was today at midnight. way to go M$...it's the 21st not yesterday. Anyways after watching the video I'm 99% certain I will not be getting the next xbox. Its either back to sony or PC gaming. my 360 will serve as a netflxs /hulu box until it dies.

When did MS talk about backwards compatibility? Or the licences? Granted it's very likely but no backup?

I didn't watch the event, but every source is reporting no backwards compatibility so it must been said somewhere, if not at the event, then maybe in a private interview.

I'm guessing it's only for Disc-games though, since they're going to Blu-ray. I would think XBL downloads would still run since the architecture is the same (as opposed to Sony going from Cell to x86).

Ah there has been a few sources mentioning a chip but it looks like a no show, a real shame, since that was what was really a standing point compared to the PS4.

It shouldn't really matter though. When you say Blu-ray do you mean DVD compatibility with the games or what?