Building a CHEAP computer

Biostar customer reviews are good for this board, price is certainly right.

Nit picks are 10/100 LAN, D-Sub only, and Radeon 3000 on board video, which I think is HD 4250 renamed.

Will you be using a video card.. if only not to share memory? Assuming 32 bit Operating System? There are some very cheap (before and after MIR HD 5450s).

I would like to see DVI and HDMI. Easy with a video card though.

If it helps you can honestly tell her her older rig is more vulnerable and takes more time and effort to maintain than the saving and "comfort zone" feeling deserve Times change.

I stopped using a Compaq SRX1230NX Athlon XP 3200+ because it just got too old after I made all the updates I could..

OTOH I built several 880 chip motherboard computers using $80 or less AMD chips new and used, using $55 motherboards that are no longer available.

Edited by ohldboy

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biostar produce cheap and good products when you're only using it as a productivity computer. When you try to Overclock or do other similar things, then they start to go south.

Biostar makes good overclocking boards. The past is the past. Their product has improved drastically.

Biostar uses armor plated technology and all capacitors are placed with 100% Japanese solid capacitors that have a longer life cycle, durability and stability for crucial components. The motherboard also features 13 Phase Power design which delivers the best power, giving the best overclocking and the lowest temperatures to reach maximum performance levels.

biostar_tz77xe4_15.jpg

biostar_tz77xe4_5300.jpg

biostar_tz77xe4_pi.jpg

Edited by Drdeath

Your high. Biostar makes good overclocking boards. The past is the past. Their product has improved drastically.

I'm underage to be high. At least for now. :P

Sure they have drastically improved in recent years but if I gave you the option between ASUS and Biostar, what would you choose?

$5 you're gonna choose ASUS, another $5 you're gonna choose Biostar to prove me wrong. :lol:

I'm underage to be high. At least for now. :P

Sure they have drastically improved in recent years but if I gave you the option between ASUS and Biostar, what would you choose?

$5 you're gonna choose ASUS, another $5 you're gonna choose Biostar to prove me wrong. :lol:

I review motherboards. Biostar is the answer..... Asus ROG products are great but with Sandybridge being chip dependent, all the features are a waste on them. I overclocked higher with that Z77 Biostar board I previewed and they are cheaper. LOL. It is a no brainer. The 13 Phase digital power design has made this board real good. If ya haven't touched one lately, I would not bad rap Biostar.

Edited by Drdeath

I review motherboards. Biostar is the answer..... Asus ROG products are great but with Sandybridge being chip dependent, all the features are a waste on them. I overclocked higher with that Z77 Biostar board I previewed and they are cheaper. LOL. It is a no brainer. The 13 Phase digital power design has made this board real good. If ya haven't touched one lately, I would not bad rap Biostar.

Well No I haven't. I've no access to a preview and thus can only speak based on their consumer Z68 boards.

Guest Black gold saw.

Majority of Biostar boards = crap, They DO put out a few good high-end ones though...

Biostar makes good overclocking boards. The past is the past. Their product has improved drastically.

Biostar uses armor plated technology and all capacitors are placed with 100% Japanese solid capacitors that have a longer life cycle, durability and stability for crucial components. The motherboard also features 13 Phase Power design which delivers the best power, giving the best overclocking and the lowest temperatures to reach maximum performance levels.

So, you are saying that Biostar boards can be advised in the builds have low budget?

Another question: You posted the picture of overclocking. Are they any good when overclocked for a extended period of time & when running any stability test? And please say some more details about VRM and probability of failure.

Biostar is aiming to replace the gap DFI left in the market and I personally can vouch for a crapload of their products from the mini might 6100-M9 ( which could be bios/hard-mod'd into a Tforce 6100 ) and Nforce4-Sli to the world record breaking TA890FXE.

Biostar has become a force to be reckoned with and combine the quality of their newer boards at the price points they are released at and they are just plain without competetion.

Thanks for covering my back Ward. All you guys are just presenting what you all think. Biostar has not made bad boards over the past few years and you all are somewhat correct. If you all looked at the changes they have made, you will see a big change in components they use on their boards. The have made a 360 and really are great boards. like mentioned, the past is the past.

Commenting on Biostar in the negaative if you do not have one is a bit of ignorance (not to bash you all). Don't knock it until you try it is my motto. I have my hands on their Z77 product and by no means is it a high end board and it really surprised me.

@ Above two posts: thanks for making it more clear. :)

I wasalways under the impression biostar was the bottom of the totem pole but now i think different. their bios needs some work but not bad stuff i will say.