OCC HWBOT OC Competitions: Round Two

scr4wl

Unfair on the pure basis of you getting the far better us pricing on components :P

Touche' my friend, Touche' But, even in America, with American prices, I still win that fight :evilgrin: Heck, I paid less for both of my 6970's than a 7970 USD :biggrin:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Touche' my friend, Touche' But, even in America, with American prices, I still win that fight :evilgrin: Heck, I paid less for both of my 6970's than a 7970 USD :biggrin:

i got both my 6970s for less than a7970 costs over here, but i think that 12c 24t overclocked under water will give your superpi a mark a run for its money

i got both my 6970s for less than a7970 costs over here, but i think that 12c 24t overclocked under water will give your superpi a mark a run for its money

Don't forget for Super PI your 12 cores don't mean all that much. Unless you can shut down half of them and clock super high like AMD did with their BD CPU. If so Speed wouldn't stand a chance.

SuperPi is a single core benchmark ;) Doesn't matter how many cores or threads you have, within reason of course. Meaning an old school Celeron OCed to the moon still doesn't compete with new hardware. But, the only way you will give me a run for my money, is if that 12c 24t chip can hit 5.48GHz....so GL :biggrin:

edit: I also hit 5.48GHz with HT enabled :evilgrin:

SuperPi is a single core benchmark ;) Doesn't matter how many cores or threads you have, within reason of course. Meaning an old school Celeron OCed to the moon still doesn't compete with new hardware. But, the only way you will give me a run for my money, is if that 12c 24t chip can hit 5.48GHz....so GL :biggrin:

edit: I also hit 5.48GHz with HT enabled :evilgrin:

when its built ill do a whole heap of benches, im not going to try oc that high with a 600 dollar mobo and 1200 dollars of cpus, but ill take you down with anything that is highly threaded, like cinebench

Well then you my friend will be the man when it comes to benchmark scores (still slightly jealous :)), while I will just be the OC champ :cheers: In game though, it all looks the same ;)

that is why this things main purpose isnt gaming, if it was i would just go with a ivy i7 and a single 7970 or 670, that would handle everything on eyefinity fine and then some. this is for alot of vms, rendering, cad work, physics simulations (solid and fluid) and the like :thumbsup:

Whereas my sig rig is for Visual Studio, NetBeans, gaming, benching, ect and SB handles all that and I run a few vms, but on my 1366 media server so that's taken care of. Believe me, I would love to upgrade and lower video conversion + winrar times, but especially just to see those nasty benchmark scores on my screen :evilgrin: But with SB and OCing, I just can't really justify an upgrade for what I do....even though I really want to for some stinking numbers :doh: It would have to be a heck of a deal :ph34r:

Bump, let's see some scores!

Edit:

Also Silas has offered his two steam coupons to be added to the random drawing for participation. He has also donated a copy of portal for a future competition, so thank him!

So is a coupon valid toward any game on Steam?

Mine is for 50% off any Valve game, I don't know what Silas' are. You should be entering the competition for the games though LOL. :P