I'm over the iPod

InCrYsIs

Itunes is the big thing putting me off an ipod. I've already seen friends formatting their PCs and fiddling about for ages trying to itunes working again because it is the only option.

Not quite sure how the link makes the Zune look better though lol, a bit of info on the new ones would be nice

However, despite recent numbers, Microsoft is betting on the September release of its upcoming Zune HD that utilizes Nvidia's Tegra CPU

Click all the links in my Sig.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I'd like a Zune but you can't just drag your songs onto one...you have to "sync" them on with this stupid software.

I'm a Creative Zen fan myself, and this Zune did not change my mind. I think Ipods are over priced and I hate itunes, but will admit the ipod touch is nice (though I don't want to support that company)

I thought I'd like a Zune but you can't just drag your songs onto one...you have to "sync" them on with this stupid software.

I'm a Creative Zen fan myself, and this Zune did not change my mind. I think Ipods are over priced and I hate itunes, but will admit the ipod touch is nice (though I don't want to support that company)

The drag and drop features from Creative mp3 players are nice, but be realistic. How much of a difference is drag and drop from Windows folders versus a software? Almost zero. At least the software gives you a better interface.

With the software you also get the ability of Smart Sync. Meaning it will only sync what you want it too. It will also remove songs that you give the unwanted rating automatically when you plug it into the PC. On the Zune it's a broken heart icon. Not sure if the iTunes uses the same system or not.

Also with software you can set it to automatically download and sync your favorite podcasts. Or just automatically download them and save to watch on the PC.

As for iPods being overpriced, they cost as much as a Zune with equal storage. The Creative Zen X-Fi 8GB cost about $130 same as the iPod 8GB. The current models competing against each other are priced evenly.

Edited by Krazyxazn

The drag and drop features from Creative mp3 players are nice, but be realistic. How much of a difference is drag and drop from Windows folders versus a software? Almost zero. At least the software gives you a better interface.

With the software you also get the ability of Smart Sync. Meaning it will only sync what you want it too. It will also remove songs that you give the unwanted rating automatically when you plug it into the PC. On the Zune it's a broken heart icon. Not sure if the iTunes uses the same system or not.

Also with software you can set it to automatically download and sync your favorite podcasts. Or just automatically download them and save to watch on the PC.

As for iPods being overpriced, they cost as much as a Zune with equal storage. The Creative Zen X-Fi 8GB cost about $130 same as the iPod 8GB. The current models competing against each other are priced evenly.

I don't need to sync the stuff though, and the interface is bothersome. I want to be control of what goes on my player and what doesn't, I wouldn't mind the software if it gave me a choice to use it or just use explorer like my Zen could. I'm not lazy to the point of not perfecting my playlist myself, manually.

As far as the X-Fi being as expensive as an ipod, are we talking nanos or touchs?? (not to mention that the x-fi's are semi new and still have that price premium, even I wouldn't buy one right now as much as I like them).

My old Zen Vision M could do that unwanted/undesirable thing too, but usually no song I didn't want to play would play.

What makes me furious about Ipods is how they replaced the word mp3 player when they weren't even the first around, besides the click wheel, they actually had less features than their competitors but a bigger price tag. And NOW they are more affordable, but that's because they already have so much money from ripping all those other people off (and the inner tech becoming cheaper to manufacture from the high demand). The Iphone's debut price was retarded (although almost all phones are, so I'm not really pissed about this as much, and also the Iphone was a nice improvement on the standard phone)

Creative Zen sounds like my kind of MP3 player, I also prefer the drag and drop method, that is what my current one allows, dell dj, which I love, browsing music on it is pretty easy and it's 20gb for $50, only real advantage all the others have over it is video, which isn't something I would use anyway because I don't want to have a 3" screen for watching videos or viewing pictures.

Edited by Deathmineral

Creative Zen sounds like my kind of MP3 player, I also prefer the drag and drop method, that is what my current one allows, dell dj, which I love, browsing music on it is pretty easy and it's 20gb for $50, only real advantage all the others have over it is video, which isn't something I would use anyway because I don't want to have a 3" screen for watching videos or viewing pictures.

yeah I know what you're saying, I actually suffered watchin vids for awhile on my Zen 30GB (which has a 2.5" screen :(). Creative does have software of their own but you don't need to use it. My Zune's price is what sold me on it (50+8 dollars shipping for a 30GB). I'm going to hit up a few Zune forums and see if there is any way to make it a drag and drop player (I mean it's Microsoft, so there has to be some way to mod it)

unmm in itunes you can go under the ipod and select "manage ipod manually" which means you can drag and drop your music from your library. so it doesnt "sync" just a lil fyi! :)

Yeah I know, I like that. Though like I said I don't really like the ipods (except for the touch) but I don't really need anything that fancy to play my music, but I wouldn't want something as simple as a shuffle (I don't know how they sold O_O)

I don't really care about extra features like video either. IMO the only worthwhile extras are WiFi & a good web browser.

I wouldn't want something as simple as a shuffle (I don't know how they sold O_O)

First couple generations I have no idea either, but the latest one is pretty damn small & light which appeals to some people

I don't really care about extra features like video either. IMO the only worthwhile extras are WiFi & a good web browser.

First couple generations I have no idea either, but the latest one is pretty damn small & light which appeals to some people

so is a creative plus Zen-V-Plus.jpg, which IMHO voids the point of a shuffle because you can see what's playing an navigate through your collection, and it beats the nano since it's so small. (especially the new fat nanos)