Looking for $300 video card to play Crysis 3 on maximum settings.

Stealth3si

I might buy a single 7950 instead and overclock it on air, no CF, and reach 7970 performance levels.

Currently, which is the better card out of these three cards in terms of cooler, PCB, temps, noise and price?

1.) Sapphire 100352-3L Dual-X 7950 with boost

2.) Vapor-X 7950

3.) MSI Twin Frozr R7950?

Edited by Stealth3si

I might buy a single 7950 instead and overclock it on air, no CF, and reach 7970 performance levels.

Currently, which is the better card out of these three cards in terms of cooler, PCB, temps, noise and price?

2.) Vapor-X 7950

google is there for a reason.....

I am a bit biased but I have always preferred Sapphire cards for AMD based solutions. I currently have a Dual-X 7950 on my game rig (none boost) running at 1002 on the core speed and 1500 (6000) on the memory and have had zero heat or noise increase over stock.

2.) Vapor-X 7950

And OCC is here for a reason too.... namely to help people with questions like this.

I myself am partial to sapphire vapor-x cooling.

• Like 1

2.) Vapor-X 7950

namely to help people with questions like this.

because a 3 minute google search doesnt show what gpu has and what clocks and what oc results?

people are getting lazy and lazy people shouldnt get support from people on here.

Edited by WarWeeny

I that kind might buy a single 7950 instead and overclock it on air, no CF, and reach 7970 performance levels.

hh

2.) Vapor-X 7950

because a 3 minute google search doesnt show what gpu has and what clocks and what oc results?

people are getting lazy and lazy people shouldnt get support from people on here.

that kind of elitist attitude is what kills communities, if you can find that result definitvely in three minuts I question the quality of your information., we're here because we know more, not because we're better.

I that kind might buy a single 7950 instead and overclock it on air, no CF, and reach 7970 performance levels.

hh

2.) Vapor-X 7950

that kind of elitist attitude is what kills communities, if you can find that result definitvely in three minuts I question the quality of your information., we're here because we know more, not because we're better.

its still lazy no matter how you see it,

google those videocards, compair them look up some benches and voila you have the results, doesnt take long and it is an effective way to see which card is better.

hh

2.) Vapor-X 7950

google those videocards, compair them look up some benches and voila you have the results, doesnt take long and it is an effective way to see which card is better.

You've been cranky recently...what's up?

2.) Vapor-X 7950

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. He asked for help and you direct him to Google. If that is not the definition of lazy I'm not sure what is!  A question is asked and if you don't have the answer its best not to respond with "use google" as I am sure everyone knows how that works by now.

To answer your question the Vapor-X and Dual Boost have the same cooling system from what I remember. The main differences comes in the form of the PCB and VRM components and multiple monitor support (Specifically the type of adapter needed). 

In my Experience the better components on the Vapor-X are worth a few more MHz in clock speed and memory speed. On the Vapor-X HD 79XX series I do not think there was any special binning done to get a better clocking GPU core although the 7970 6GB Vapor-X I have does overclock better.

hh

2.) Vapor-X 7950

You've been cranky recently...what's up?

dont know actually, maybe i am in my midlife crisis on my 24th  :lol:

things just dont go as they should (no job, no ''real'' friends to go to, no girlfriend or anyone special for that matter to be with, gaining weight etc) and i have been icky to people who get me annoyed fast by no real reason.

maybe my depression is getting the better of me and i am bouncing that off to people online, there could be several reasons really.

i guess the best solution is not to go online that much anymore xP

@stealth3si, see that wasnt to hard was it? xD

glad you found the card you want :)