Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU Cooler Evaluation

Nemo

Bout time this got it's review. Very solid performance again by CM. However what happened to the Phanteks ph-tc14pe cooler? Not in the comparison graphs.

Do you not beleive the results yet airman or are the two reviews just on top of each other.

Either way great review again :thumbsup:

Good review.

Seeing this and the graphs, it would seem a good idea getting the 212 EVO, then the 212+.

I'm i drawing the right conclusion?

Im not sure that you are given the 212 was not included in the comparison tests. That being said it looks great and Im sure will be very popular.

I wish the reviewer had taken more pictures of the mounting gear and mounting method. I'd like to know if the CM mount has been changed since the Z600R. I just put one of those on last month, and it was a pain.

It's the generic CM mount as far as I know. There are occasional deviations but the concept is the same on just about everyone one I've tested in the past 2 years...

Where did you have so much difficulty?

post-5662-0-94280200-1323264316_thumb.jpg

It's the generic CM mount as far as I know. There are occasional deviations but the concept is the same on just about everyone one I've tested in the past 2 years...

Where did you have so much difficulty?

post-5662-0-94280200-1323264316_thumb.jpg

The 212+ mount is much easier than the one in the picture. If the 212 EVO uses the same setup it should be very easy.

See picture:

3.jpg

The main difference is that there are pieces [like motherboard standoffs] that are attached through the motherboard and backplate first. Then the 'X' piece is screwed in at each corner into each standoff which secures the 212 Evo.

And that is the difference: with the Z600R you mount it as you would a Mugen 2: you hold the heatsink in your hand and mash it up against the motherboard, then hold it while you fasten it from the backside of the mb. With the Mugen 2 you use screws. With the Z600R you use nuts. It worked well the first time I put it on. The second time was a biotch. Had to re-do it and the re-do was hard. The only way to do it reasonably easily is to take the mb out of the case, and mount the mb onto the heatsink.

Thanks for the pic above. It explains everything.