Path of Exile

WhenKittensATK

The mini map. The Health and Mana globes, the potion slots, the combat, the way the items drop and appear on the ground, the way the characters walk, etc. It's obvious they are ripping it off. If anyone is considering playing this, just get Diablo 2 and play that. It's been out for a LONG time now and it's been patched to near perfection. Campaign is more fun that whatever this has to offer, probably has better items and much more refined gameplay.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mini map. The Health and Mana globes, the potion slots, the combat, the way the items drop and appear on the ground, the way the characters walk, etc. It's obvious they are ripping it off. If anyone is considering playing this, just get Diablo 2 and play that. It's been out for a LONG time now and it's been patched to near perfection. Campaign is more fun that whatever this has to offer, probably has better items and much more refined gameplay.

You're coming off as extremely naive (not surprising, given your past).

Any action-RPG is considered a Diablo-clone. It doesn't make them bad. TQ was amazing. Torchlight was amazing. Is no other developer allowed to make an action-RPG?

Saying idiotic stuff like "campaign is more fun that [sic] whatever this has to offer" is just dumb since you have no basis for that statement.

Grow up.

You're coming off as extremely naive (not surprising, given your past).

Any action-RPG is considered a Diablo-clone. It doesn't make them bad. TQ was amazing. Torchlight was amazing. Is no other developer allowed to make an action-RPG?

Saying idiotic stuff like "campaign is more fun that [sic] whatever this has to offer" is just dumb since you have no basis for that statement.

Grow up.

so you're saying that a game trying to imitate D2 to the T will be better? I find that hard to believe. On the other hand, saying that it ISN'T imitating Diablo is just silly. There's no point in this game. It doesn't have anything that Diablo 2 doesn't have. No innovation, nothing new or improved. (even though they like to think there is) Instead of making their own game and own design using Diablo 2 as their inspiration or use some of it's elements, all they did was copy it and changed it up a little to avoid copyright

Hmm... A game designed to be like Diablo, gets bashed for being like Diablo :P Just because a game emulates Diablo, doesn't make it bad.

How its different from Diablo:

FFX Sphere Skill-Up

100% FREE

Customizable items easier and beyond anything Diablo has ever offered

Modern graphics, higher resolution support (without using hacks)

Prob a lot more, but I only played this game for 2-3 hours.

Edited by AZNguyen

Hmm... A game designed to be like Diablo, gets bashed for being like Diablo :P Just because a game emulates Diablo, doesn't make it bad.

How its different from Diablo:

FFX Sphere Skill-Up

100% FREE

Customizable items easier and beyond anything Diablo has ever offered

Modern graphics, higher resolution support (without using hacks)

Prob a lot more, but I only played this game for 2-3 hours.

I just think its stupid how they couldn't invent their own stuff so they just copied from another game. It's a waste of time for them since everything they're making has already been made, and better.

All the stuff you listed are fine but they should put them in their own game. I just wouldn't play this when I know there's a game that looks just like it, and is 10 times more refined. 10 years worth of refinement to be more specific. AND it was made by blizzard as opposed to some noname company. I'm not saying that noname companies are bad, some indy games are really fun, but they could have at least put a little bit more effort instead of just down right copying the whole thing.

Edited by sack_patrol

I just think its stupid how they couldn't invent their own stuff so they just copied from another game. It's a waste of time for them since everything they're making has already been made, and better.

All the stuff you listed are fine but they should put them in their own game. I just wouldn't play this when I know there's a game that looks just like it, and is 10 times more refined. 10 years worth of refinement to be more specific. AND it was made by blizzard as opposed to some noname company. I'm not saying that noname companies are bad, but they could have at least put a little bit more effort instead of just down right copying the whole thing.

Name these games they are 10 times more refined. Combat is very similar to Diablo, so how can Diablo be more refined? Sphere skill system is very similar to FFX, so how can FFX be more refined? If anything this game is more refined in item creation/customization than any Diablo game released/unreleased.

This game plays more like the classic Diablo games than Blizzard's own Diablo 3.

Edited by AZNguyen

Name these games they are 10 times more refined. Combat is very similar to Diablo, so how can Diablo be more refined? Sphere skill system is very similar to FFX, so how can FFX be more refined? If anything this game is more refined in item creation/customization than any Diablo game released/unreleased.

Similar doesn't mean better or the same. It may be similar but in the best case scenario, they copied it all as well. So now it's even more of a ripoff than before but I assume it's going to be inferior. I haven't played any of the FF games but they have nothing to do with Diablo, yet they put that in there as well. Good for them. Frankenstein it up with some completely random stuff, add teh grafixzors and special effects for extra coolness and hope for a positive review.

This game plays more like the classic Diablo games than Blizzard's own Diablo 3.

My butt probably plays more like diablo than Blizzard's own Diablo 3.

Edited by sack_patrol

Similar doesn't mean better or the same. It may be similar but in the best case scenario, they copied it all as well. So now it's even more of a ripoff than before but I assume it's going to be inferior. I haven't played any of the FF games but they have nothing to do with Diablo, yet they put that in there as well. Good for them. Frankenstein it up with some completely random stuff, add teh grafixzors and special effects for extra coolness and hope for a positive review.

You know what happens when you assume, except in this case you're only making an ass out of u, not me.

I haven't played the game personally, so I'm not going to be stupid and naive enough to say it's inferior. The gameplay videos I've seen look good and the skill tree is definitely sets it apart form Diablo. That's not "Frankensteining it up"...skill trees are an integral part of an action-RPG and they've taken a unique approach. The skill trees in TQ are the main reason I consider it better than D2. Again, I haven't played Path of Exile (yet), so I'm going to withhold judgment until I do, which you should have done too instead of bashing it like a twelve year old.

• 2 weeks later...

(I apparently have had an account since early 2010?)

:lol:

Whats your username on there? Mine is AZNguyen, but haven't been playing since finals week is next week. Then after finals its GW2 beta weekend lol. Then after that week World of Tanks Patch 7.3 is suppose to come out haha :D Then maybe, maybe I'll play after that.

Edited by AZNguyen

Just played another long session after a long time of inactivity. Still a great game. Got some Magic Find and Increase Item Drop gear on my lowbie characters and they work pretty good, maybe too good haha. At least its better than Diablo 2, with like hundreds of MF and still get crap to drop :D.

The item upgrade system is great. You potentially have the chance to make a crappy item amazing at every new proc.