First OC :P (need a bit help)

regalis

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay... im confused. My dad is getting the old pc with a new psu, and we bought windows 7 home premium OEM for him. Will i be able to use the OEM to format my hdd after it has been installed on my dad's pc? or do i have to get the retail for that?

okay... im confused. My dad is getting the old pc with a new psu, and we bought windows 7 home premium OEM for him. Will i be able to use the OEM to format my hdd after it has been installed on my dad's pc? or do i have to get the retail for that?

You should have no prob using that disk just to format your hd, but what are you using for your os ?

Reg, if you have a valid and legal windows license key on "your" pc (and not being used on any other PC), you can download a digital copy of the corresponding version of Windows 7 from My Digital Life.

Well its been a while since we got that pc... and if i recall correctly then our computer "nerd" friend that build the system, installed windows but didnt register and applied a crack of some sort. So if i format the drive using my Windows 7 HomePremium disk do i then have to register windows again, or do i have to get another windows 7 disk, or simply reaply a crack (yup i know that's not legal :unsure: )

Well its been a while since we got that pc... and if i recall correctly then our computer "nerd" friend that build the system, installed windows but didnt register and applied a crack of some sort. So if i format the drive using my Windows 7 HomePremium disk do i then have to register windows again, or do i have to get another windows 7 disk, or simply reaply a crack (yup i know that's not legal :unsure: )

hey reg, we don't mention the word  crack on OCC. :no:

Edited by SpikeSoprano