my new rig

sanjesh

What I meant was the 80 Plus Efficiency Certification. According to this, the Corsair HX750 meets the 80 Plus Gold certification and not that far behind when compared to the AX750. I'm not quite sure about the ATX certification though since honestly I've minimal knowledge on PSUs. The point I was trying to make was that the HX750 would offer almost the same level of efficiency (based on the site I mentioned) for $20 less then the AX750.

I overlooked the case you've recommended, sorry about that. Yes the Havik 140 wouldn't fit when the fans are fitted in (total of ~6.50 inch).

:cheers:

you really like this smiley ---> :cheers:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Edited by bishop245

Allow me to apologise to the OP, some people on the OCC are rather stubborn with some other members.

Now down to buisness, your selections are a little off, as a 2500k will be more than enough for gaming, you will not be able to tell any difference unless using a benchmark, and even then it is very close.

dropping down to a 2500k will allow for a gpu like the 7870, which is close to nvidia 580 performance, and when overclocked, it beats it by a large margin.

a ssd is crucial for a build of this level, as it changes how the whole system feels. when i put a ssd in my overclocked i7 system with 12gb dominator ram and dual 6970s, it made such a difference i wished i had of done it earlier, so it is something to go near the top of the list.

Corsiar force 3 /GT, Crucial m4, ocz vertex 3/4and those new samsung ssds are all great choices, and you just pick up whatever is on sale now.

Crucial m4 was on sale a week ago, as was the corsiar ssd's, there is usually one of those on sale at any time on newegg.

For your psu, i love to stick with corsair, but there are plenty of other good brands like pcpower and cooling, antec, coolermaster and silverstone, but corsair is my fav.

i have built using their cx,tx,hx and ax series powersupplies, both for myself and clients, so the main difference between the hx and ax is the warranty and modular, as both are very similar in efficiency.

For your build a hx or ax 750 is plenty, and will also allow for crossfire down the road if ever needed.

If noise bothers you, go with the ax 750, as at lower load, the fan fully shuts off, which is always nice.

For ram i prefer corsair, as their vengance series has fantastic performance and capacity for the price, and is backed up by corsairs lifetime warranty, which has a very good rep among tech circles. Gskill, mushkin and kingston make great ram too, so anything from those manufactures will be fantastic

Oh just a heads-up don't get a H70. I have on myself but high end air cooling is just as good. Get a Nh-14 instead it'll preform better if not on par.

If you want water cooling then go all out and assemble a kit or bottom line get Corsairs higher end models like the H80-H100 series.

you really like this smiley ---> :cheers:

I Do :biggrin:

If noise bothers you, go with the ax 750, as at lower load, the fan fully shuts off, which is always nice.

You can barely hear the fans of the HX and AX to begin with so I don't think it should be a problem. Same type of fan if I'm not mistaken (Yate Loon-atics :P)

Edited by vandreadstriker

Thanks for the suggestions guys...

My price point is 1400 $(70000 Indian rupees)

I stay at india

The store's website is theitdepot.com

And guys,are u sure that the core i5 is good,because I want my rig to be future proof

Chers

Sanjesh

Edited by sanjesh

Sanjesh, if you plan on using it for games the i5 2500k will last you for a very long time.

The main difference between an i5 and an i7 is the fact that i7 has hyper threading thus simulating 8 cores. They both have 4 cores but the i7 can process 8 threads at a time. Games do not need that kind of performance since they only use 2-4 threads. The i7 is great for programs that use multi-threading (I really can't think of any right now because qutie frankly I'm not using any) and the other good thing about the i7 is that you can have a lot of stuff open at the same time but again: for gaming, you will not see absolutely any difference between an i7 and an i5.

Imagine it like this, sanjesh:

The game(software) communicates with the hardware; the software is saying: I need this computation done now and this computation done now etc. Some are passed to the CPU and some are passed to the video card. At this point both video card and CPU start working but they have to hand in their work at the same time. Games that have high end graphics and are played at 1080p resolution will give more homework to the video card than they will the CPU. The CPU will finish first and then wait for the video card to finish its homework. When both are done they send the info back and are given new instructions and so on so forth. That's why you need a good card for gaming and the CPU is not that important. An i5 will do it's "homework" faster than any card right now with the exception of insane builds such as quad SLI 680 for example. If you have 4x680 or even 3x680 you might see the difference between an i5 and an i7. But the differences will be that on the i5 you will have like 200 fps and with the i7 you will have 215 fps for example. Those frames are insignificant, really and anything above 60 (let's say even 80-90) is simply invisible to the human eye.

Thanks for the suggestions guys...

My price point is 1400 $(70000 Indian rupees)

I stay at india

The store's website is theitdepot.com

And guys,are u sure that the core i5 is good,because I want my rig to be future proof

Chers

Sanjesh

Yes the i5 would be enough. Like Rofltroll mentioned, Games wouldn't need the extra threads since they can't/don't communicate with them.

If you have some extra money, I'd suggest getting a Z77 board instead since you can benefit from the newer features and also longer support period when compared to the half-year old Z68 boards.

Also like the others have mentioned, the GTS450 isn't for gaming. You should focus more of your budget on good Graphics since it handles most of the work in games.

Here's my recommendation:

Intel i5 3570K - Let's say Rs. 14000 (Since the i5 2500K is Rs. 13000)

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3R - Rs. 11175 (Get a Z77 board if you can afford one)

ASUS GTX570 DCII - Rs. 23335

EVGA GTX570 DS - Rs. 21915 (Get a 7870 if you can find and afford one) [thanks Tjj226_Angel for the heads up]

G.Skill Sniper 8GB 1600 CL9 - Rs 3240

Corsair TX650V2 - Rs 5855 (If you could afford the TX750V2, the better)

CoolerMaster Storm Enforcer - Rs. 6370

Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Rs. 4325 (You can get a 1TB Barracuda for Rs. 2300 more)

Lite-On 24x DVD-R - Rs. 1080

Total: 69380

Edited by vandreadstriker

Yes the i5 would be enough. Like Rofltroll mentioned, Games wouldn't need the extra threads since they can't/don't communicate with them.

If you have some extra money, I'd suggest getting a Z77 board instead since you can benefit from the newer features and also longer support period when compared to the half-year old Z68 boards.

Also like the others have mentioned, the GTS450 isn't for gaming. You should focus more of your budget on good Graphics since it handles most of the work in games.

Here's my recommendation:

Intel i5 3570K - Let's say Rs. 14000 (Since the i5 2500K is Rs. 13000)

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3R - Rs. 11175 (Get a Z77 board if you can afford one)

ASUS GTX570 DCII - Rs. 23335 (Get a 7870 if you can find and afford one)

G.Skill Sniper 8GB 1600 CL9 - Rs 3240

Corsair TX650V2 - Rs 5855 (If you could afford the TX750V2, the better)

CoolerMaster Storm Enforcer - Rs. 6370

Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Rs. 4325 (You can get a 1TB Barracuda for Rs. 2300 more)

Lite-On 24x DVD-R - Rs. 1080

Total: 69380

You could even go with this http://www.theitdepot.com/details-eVGA+GeForce+GTX570+DS+HD+1280MB+GDDR5+NVidia+PCI+E+Graphic+Cards+(012-P3-1577-KR)_C45P13547.html and save yourself a bit of money. Not to mention that you don't loose another PCI slot. :biggrin:

Sanjesh, do you already have a monitor? If not, then you'll have to cut back on some stuff to get one.

This is the one I have and also the one I suggested to a good friend of mine. We're both quite happy with it and it isn't too expensive. Benq has some really great price performance monitors.

Edit edit: wait a week and you'll be able to get a 7950 for the price of a 570. AMD just started to slice prices on their 7000 series.

Edited by Rofltroll