9xx to Ivy Bridge

ericgcollyer

Will the side mesh hold a 200mm fan? I can see it will hold 4 120mm fans, but can it fit a 200mm?

Edit: And can the built in fans be plugged into the motherboard? Do they have 3 or 4 pin connectors?

the side panel will hold a 200mm if you drill some holes in the mesh and put screws though them, but they do not hold it without modification

and the case fans can connect to the mobo, but by default they are connected to the fan speed controller on the top of the case

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah just get a single stick of the same memory (running the same speed and timings) and you are set memory wise.

Then the CPU you get from your uncle, and then a nice 8phase or more motherboard with the features you want :thumbsup:

Also, and I'm surprised everyone has looked passed this...what is a 265?? (You don't mean a 55nm 260 do you?)

If you're overclocking you'll need a new CPU cooler for sure too

Yeah just get a single stick of the same memory (running the same speed and timings) and you are set memory wise.

Then the CPU you get from your uncle, and then a nice 8phase or more motherboard with the features you want :thumbsup:

Also, and I'm surprised everyone has looked passed this...what is a 265?? (You don't mean a 55nm 260 do you?)

If you're overclocking you'll need a new CPU cooler for sure too

I'd guess a GTX285.. but you never know :)

I'd guess a GTX285.. but you never know :)

Its probably a 285 GTX. You can tell how long its been since I've purchased the dang thing. And to be honest, its an ATI card now. I got it RMAd (which took 6 weeks! XFX is kind of a joke nowadays. Any recommendation on a better graphics card company?) and they sent me back an ATI card. Anyway, I may be upgrading my video card as well. I was thinking this card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130613.

I don't play that intensive of games, so my 285 is working pretty well, but I would like to use the CUDA feature for Premiere Pro. Thoughts on EVGA? Thoughts on this card?

Its probably a 285 GTX. You can tell how long its been since I've purchased the dang thing. And to be honest, its an ATI card now. I got it RMAd (which took 6 weeks! XFX is kind of a joke nowadays. Any recommendation on a better graphics card company?) and they sent me back an ATI card. Anyway, I may be upgrading my video card as well. I was thinking this card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130613.

I don't play that intensive of games, so my 285 is working pretty well, but I would like to use the CUDA feature for Premiere Pro. Thoughts on EVGA? Thoughts on this card?

Your link is broken. Also tell us a price range for the video card.

Edited by Rofltroll

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130593

Im thinking right around $300, plus or minus $20

I have that card and it performs very well... but the cooler on it sucks and there is no way you are going OC it much with the stock cooler. And you will definitely need to download a program like MSI Afterburner or EVGA's Precision and create a custom fan profile to keep temps within normal range. Would be hard to pass up with that $20 savings ...though knowing what I know now, I would just spend the extra cash towards a card with a good cooler - ASUS.

GPU-Z is a great program to give you details on your current GPU. Whether you keep your current "unknown" AMD card or upgrade, it is still a good piece of software to have installed ;)

:withstupid:

Edited by Fogel

Not my area,

The impression I get is the GTX560 Ti 448 are better cards for most people than the 570s. You should check reviews and comparisons.

The MSI N560GTXTX Ti 448 looks intersesting, newegg $287.86 shipped

Not my area,

The impression I get is the GTX560 Ti 448 are better cards for most people than the 570s. You should check reviews and comparisons.

The MSI N560GTXTX Ti 448 looks intersesting, newegg $287.86 shipped

You got it the other way around there dude..

GPU-Z is a great program to give you details on your current GPU. Whether you keep your current "unknown" AMD card or upgrade, it is still a good piece of software to have installed ;)

*Facepalm* I actually use CPU-Z and HWMonitor all the time. I didn't even think to use it to check. And heaven forbid I check it in control panel. That takes what? 3 seconds and 9 clicks? Man...Too much work. It is a 285GTX by XFX.