Ram speed

My ram will not at advertised speed or timing what to do?

CPU AMD FX8350
Motherboard ASROCK 990fx extreme3
Memory 12GB critical ballistix sport    
Graphics Card SLI BFG GTX 260 55nm
Hard Drive Western Digital Velociraptor    250
Sound Card     
Power Supply ocz gamexstream 850w    
Case Open CoolerMaster HAF922
CPU cooling CoolerMaster 101
GPU cooling Stock     
OS Windows 7 64bit

Edited by Zig-Zag

Technically anything over 1333 on AMD is overclocked and it depends on the motherboard if it can handle it. I have some 2133 that won't run over 1333 on a ASUS AM3+ board and that's a good brand.

Hmm...a 12 GB kit on an AMD board?  Methinks it's old Nehalem/Westmere memory carried onto a dual-channel platform.  It probably doesn't have an AMP setting for AMD boards...

Advertised 1600 cant get them over 1066 advertised timing 9-9-9-24 cant get it over 6-5-5-12 And there a 8 GB and a 4GB kit and there the same in every way.

Edited by Zig-Zag

Running a mixed setup like that is just asking for trouble...and I hope you're not lowering timings thinking it's going to make it clock higher.  9-9-9-24 is MUCH slower than 6-5-5-12 and will definitely restrict your clocks.

Sorry about my first post, that wasn't very helpful...it would appear you're not really up on how memory timings work. The lower they are the faster that specific cycle occurs, I forget if it's milliseconds for each setting or what the unit is but just set them to 1600 and 9-9-9-24 with everything else stock in the system. If they're unable to do that than perhaps remove the lone third stick and try again if they STILL don't work I would then RMA them since they're not able to deliver their advertised speeds.

The super long way to find errors is running each set at stock setting (1600 or whatever it is) using memtest86. If they both pass at stock. Put them in together again and run both at stock. Finally if it passes try the speeds you want but know it doesn't always work outside it's specs.