Asus A7v8x Processor Upgrade

I am currently running an AMD XP 2400+ CPU in my ASUS A7V8X motherboard.

Can anyone tell me what is the fastest processor I can install in my motherboard? Asus' website says up to 2.4Ghz but I don't know what that coresponds to in AMD talk. Also will I see any difference if I upgrade my processor? I don't want to upgrade my motherboard if I don't have to. I play alot of games which is really the only reason I want more speed :) It's a sickness!

------------------

Asus A7V8X motherboard

AMD XP 2400 CPU

1 GB RAM

NVidia Ti4400 128 MB video card

Dual BENQ 21" LCD monitors

Well, the A7V8X is a KT400A based mainboard. To put it into easy terms, you can't run a 400 FSB processor like the 3200+. You are limited to 333 FSB processors.

It's complicated. Your board (like mine) has a VIA KT400 chipset. Unlike the nForce2 boards, the KT400 doesn't have an AGP speed lock, so certain fsb settings will up the AGP speed ever so slightly. You want it to stay at 66MHz. 170MHz fsb will up it to 68, which doesn't sound like much, but it will cause stability issues. The KT400 was designed to run at 333 (166x2) max, so it can only handle a slight variation from that before it ups the AGP speed. A KT600 was meant for 400 fsb (200x2) so if you set a KT600 board to 200 fsb, it'll have a 66MHz AGP speed. If you set a KT400 board, it'll have an 80MHz AGP and might blow your video card, and any PCI cards you have. Hope that answers you question (cause I'm not typing it again)