Back in the AMD camp, and I have a frustrating issue with window posit

Crow47

This never happened with my nVidia cards, but right now when my monitors go into power saving after being idle (computer still on), I hear the windows device removed sound. After waking the computer back up, all my windows have been re-positioned to the primary screen. This is frustrating, because every time I have to come back to my computer, I have to move my windows around again. Does anyone know why this happens? 

I blame AMD  :lol:

I always had issues with screen stuff with amd, it is one of the sole reasons i am not buying any amd stuff anymore.

Only thing i can think of is checking what screen settings you have in the CCC and fiddle around with that.

AMD Drivers are the problem as far as I can tell. It happens on reboots running three screens and after a hibernation cycle. You could try turning the ultra low power state option off. 

There have been some problems with the R9/7 series. My issue was the card not deciding when to use low 2d and UVD clock rates so it would swap constantly and cause flickers.

Are you using windows or Catalyst for the mutliple monitors?

https://www.google.com/search?q=multi+monitor+program&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb#channel=sb&q=multi+monitor+program&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&spell=1

Remember me mentioning things like how much the nvidia ecosystem is worth in the what to buy topic? Yeah this is one of those things, however if you go back to the pre-watchdogs driver I didn't have the problem on my 290X. Granted that kinda kills of the idea of being able to play WD with the new card.

In all honesty I haven't set out to research the issue but if past experience is any indicator here's the answer:

2835539.jpg

There have been some problems with the R9/7 series. My issue was the card not deciding when to use low 2d and UVD clock rates so it would swap constantly and cause flickers.

Are you using windows or Catalyst for the mutliple monitors?

https://www.google.com/search?q=multi+monitor+program&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb#channel=sb&q=multi+monitor+program&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&spell=1

These replies have been hilarious! 

I'm using windows for multiple monitors. Using CCC didn't even occur to me. Let me try that.

I mean, it's not that big of a deal, it's just a little frustrating. 

Having to re set the Eyefinity panel every time you come out of hibernation or after a reboot is more than a minor annoyance. 

You're right. AMD doesn't call that an annoyance, they call that a feature ;):whistling:

This never happened with my nVidia cards, but right now when my monitors go into power saving after being idle (computer still on), I hear the windows device removed sound. After waking the computer back up, all my windows have been re-positioned to the primary screen. This is frustrating, because every time I have to come back to my computer, I have to move my windows around again. Does anyone know why this happens? 

I had the exact same issue with (all) my past AMD cards. I still had some small issues with my current Nvidia card, but not as annoying as the AMD stuff.