What are your favorite Linux distribution and desktop environment?

NikoDG

Favorite distro and DE?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite distribution?

• Ubuntu
    • Linux Mint
    • Fedora
    • Gentoo
    • Slackware
    • Debian
    • openSUSE
    • Arch Linux
    • Manjaro Linux
  2. 2. What is your favorite desktop environment?

• KDE
    • GNOME 2
    • GNOME 3
    • Unity
    • MATE
    • Cinnamon
    • XFCE
    • LXDE
    • Enlightenment

Wonder when someone is going to come up with a Linux distro that just works and pulls everything together like win7....the closest I've come so far is ubuntu but there are still some drawbacks to that...

drawbacks? what drawback? Good linux distros are robust, highly customizable and above all, fun to work with.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder when someone is going to come up with a Linux distro that just works and pulls everything together like win7....the closest I've come so far is ubuntu but there are still some drawbacks to that...

drawbacks? what drawback? Good linux distros are robust, highly customizable and above all, fun to work with.

The drawbacks he'd be referring to are these.....Its like going grocery shopping but you're broke so you have to do it at the Dollar Tree/Store(depending on your location) that's Linux while Windows is like shopping at Costco with AMEX in your wallet ready to go....your program/game options are unlimited......ya dig? 

I still love Linux tho and will forever rock it on the daily with a little mind break in windows where everything is a one click wonder and doesn't start with ctrl+alt+t.....

• 2 months later...