Need Comments and Suggestions

manoyanx

Hello, newbie here. I just need help for my very first build. This is mostly for gaming and for watching movies. I won't try overclocking yet but im looking forward to try it in the future. I just want to have a neat build for gaming at stock.

Mobo : Asus P8Z77-V LK

CPU : Intel i5 3570k

Memory : 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX

HDD : 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black

SSD : 120GB Kingston 450

GPU : GTX 650 2GB

I need suggestions for the GPU part as I really don't know what will fit my needs as a casual gamer. I play the AC series, POP series, and many RTS. I am open for both ATI or Nvidia.

As for now these parts are my major concerns since these are the core, I will be securing a high end PSU and I am still deciding if I will be water or air cooling.

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by manoyanx

what resolution are you playing at and what is your budget concerning the gpu?

the 6850 is pretty weak these days especially if you want to have some next gen games on your system.

Edited by WarWeeny

The GTX 650 2GB card is a good low end card. I have one and can play Dirt 3 on all high settings and get 100+ fps, It handles Metro 2033 with high settings and 60 fps. So far haven't found any game (at least the ones I play) that it can't handle with high settings and 60+ fps rates.BTW, I run dual 1930x1080p monitors, game on only one.

Edited by kyfire

The GTX 650 2GB card is a good low end card. I have one and can play Dirt 3 on all high settings and get 100+ fps, It handles Metro 2033 with high settings and 60 fps. So far haven't found any game (at least the ones I play) that it can't handle with high settings and 60+ fps rates.BTW, I run dual 1930x1080p monitors, game on only one.

eh I don't see how that's possible . With 2gb of ram I can see high texture settings but not much else . Maybe if AA and AF is off , idk .

Mano , I would check out the video card reviews here a occ and see what fits your needs .

edit : for a i5 I would just stick to air . Save yourself some hassle and money . If you plan on a high overclock than it might be worth inverting a bit more .

• 2 weeks later...