Time for a new monitor!

Prunes

Hi guys. 

I should be getting a gtx 670 soon, so it's time to get a new monitor that can push that gpu a little. I currently have a Samsung SyncMaster 226BW with a resolution of only 1680x1050.

I've been looking to at this Dell UltraSharp U2412M. It has a nice big resolution, pretty good colors after calibration from what I've read, little ghosting and favorable price tag considering what you get. 

My question is whether you can recommend something better around the same pricepoint? My budget can be extended to around $400-450, but that would also be max. The dream of course would be a 2560x1440 or at least 1920x1200, but if you can recommend some insanely amazing 1920x1080 monitor, then I'm open to suggestions.

I'd look into the korean 27" 2560x1440 panels. You can definitely find a good one, well equipped, with the pixel perfect guarantee for your extended budget.

I'd not settle for anything less than 1920x1200 though

I'd look into the korean 27" 2560x1440 panels. You can definitely find a good one, well equipped, with the pixel perfect guarantee for your extended budget.

I'd not settle for anything less than 1920x1200 though

:withstupid:

Those monitors are totally worth it's price.

As I can see you have listed the monitor which costs $410, I would assume that your budget is around 300, which would be enough for those monitors.

Arh yeah. That's right. I remember Waco being pleased with his, and some others as well. I guess I'll check ebay. It has to be the uk or german though, so I can avoid varios tariffs and taxes. Thanks guys.

EDIT: The thing is, though, that the ebay pages looks a little shady to me, but that might be because I never buy stuff on ebay. Would you buy this one based on the ebay page?

It looks the same as the one I linked you

Remember, the seller is Korean so that might spook you but they sell a lot and have good feedback. I don't know any other way to judge risk.

It looks the same as the one I linked you

Remember, the seller is Korean so that might spook you but they sell a lot and have good feedback. I don't know any other way to judge risk.

I guess you're right. How's the color compared to, say, an Dell IPS panel? Do you know?

I'm from Denmark, so that isn't really possible, but thanks :)