Need advice on buying a video card

Jeff1213

Hi, I'm new here and I need an advice on what video card to pick.

Here are the list of what I have picked so far:

ASUS GTX650 Ti DC2T 1GB DDR5 128bit

Inno3D GTX 560 Ti OC 1GB DDR5 256bit

PC HD7850 2GB DDR5 256bit

ASUS GTX660 DC2 2GB DDR5 192bit

ASUS GTX660 OC 2GB DDR5 192bit

Sorry if the list is a bit long, I'm a bit new to picking video cards. By the way here's the website of the shop I'm browsing:http://pcx.com.ph/components/graphic-cards-1.html?p=1

I have a budget of P10,000(Philippines Peso) but can go as far as P15,000 if it's worth it. But I would like to keep it to a minimum of 10,000 if possible so I can buy a new PSU.

Please do tell if there are cards that are better than what I picked and is inside the range of my budget.

Here are my specs : Intel Core i5 3450, 8gb of ram

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see, what's your opinion about this card? http://pcx.com.ph/powercolor-ax7870-2gbd5-2dhv2.html

It should cost about $232. Should I get that one or just stick to HD7850 like EL_Capitan said?

And what if I chose the 660? Will there be a big difference? I'd rather not spend more than P10,000(about $242) but if there's a big jump in performance then it's okay.

Sorry for asking too many questions.

Btw, we have the same pricing as the US, there's not much difference at all, I'll be converting the currency to US dollars from now on for easier understanding. 

I would go for the 7870, that is the card that I am going to buy very soon. AMD seem to have the edge in going you the best for your money. I have heard great things about AMD cards and their ability to overclock.

I see, what's your opinion about this card? http://pcx.com.ph/powercolor-ax7870-2gbd5-2dhv2.html

It should cost about $232. Should I get that one or just stick to HD7850 like EL_Capitan said?

And what if I chose the 660? Will there be a big difference? I'd rather not spend more than P10,000(about $242) but if there's a big jump in performance then it's okay.

Sorry for asking too many questions.

Btw, we have the same pricing as the US, there's not much difference at all, I'll be converting the currency to US dollars from now on for easier understanding. 

Powercolor? Personally, I'm a bit skeptical against this brand. But the card specifications looks good.

And the comparison between HD770 and GTX660? They are almost same.

BTW, at what price are you getting HD7850 2GB version(s)?

Powercolor? Personally, I'm a bit skeptical against this brand. But the card specifications looks good.

And the comparison between HD770 and GTX660? They are almost same.

BTW, at what price are you getting HD7850 2GB version(s)?

Mine have worked fine.  They were my first experience with AMD video cards.  I'll be going back to Nvidia on my next upgrade but thats more because of AMD and not Powercolor.