Steve Jobs Takes Leave Of Absence

LoArmistead

CUPERTINO, Calif. — Apple Inc. co-founder and Chief Executive Steve Jobs said Wednesday he is taking a medical leave until the end of June — just a week after the cancer survivor tried to assure investors and employees his recent weight loss was caused by an easily treatable hormone deficiency.

Apple's stock plunged 6 percent.

Jobs, 53, said in a letter last week that he would remain at Apple's helm despite the hormone problem, and that he had already begun a "relatively simple and straightforward" treatment. But in an e-mail to employees Wednesday, Jobs backtracked.

"During the past week I have learned that my health-related issues are more complex than I originally thought," he wrote.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,479945,00.html

A 2004 "survivor" of pancreatic cancer. Don't know how many of y'all have known people with pancreatic cancer, but there's no such thing as a pancreatic cancer "survivor." I'm not counting on him being around much longer. God speed, buddy. You led your company well.

3_64_jobs_steve_then_now.jpg

How much longer you guys think he has? A few months maybe?

It's tough to say since we don't know any details. The people I've known and seen who found out they had metastasized pancreatic cancer were dead within 18 months. Based on the latest pictures of him I've seen.... not so good....

3_64_jobs_steve_then_now.jpg

Been reading this on a number of other sites. I really hope for him and his family it isn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be, but there is no telling. Of course, if anyone can beat the odds, it's Steve. I wish him well, and a speedy recovery.

Apple will continue to do fine without him... well, as long as they prevent Phil from doing any more keynote addresses. :D

Pancreatic cancer is an ugly, ugly thing. Like Lo said, I don't really believe there's such a thing as a true "survivor" of pancreatic cancer. He may be able to prolong things much further than most people, but judging by the pictures it's taking its toll.

I have total respect for him making it a private battle (assuming this is all true). It for him to deal with, and shouldn't be a concern of the masses. Let's hope we're wrong and things are OK. It would be very interesting to see where things go if he passes though.