XFX Contest

Bosco

Hey Guys

XFX has asked us to do a great PSU giveaway for you guys.

Starting tomorrow we will be giving away a XFX Pro750 Watt PSU everyday until next friday. You can check out Paul's review here.

All you have to do to enter: Post in this thread what your system specs will be if you won one. Thats it pretty simple and basic.

The winners will all be picked next friday. You can only win once, everyone can enter except for reviewers.

Good Luck Guys

Dave

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, you guys and XFX are awesome, though they should have a double lifetime warranty on their PSU's like their graphics cards. ;)

Let's see... a 750 Watt PSU.

I'm pulling 830 Watts from the wall with my i7 950 overclocked to 4.37GHz and two overclocked GTX 460 1GB's in SLI at 960MHz Core Clock while running FurMark AND Prime95 at the same time. Since I know the i7 2600k is more efficient, pulling 100 Watts less on full load at 4.6GHz than an i7 950 at 4.37GHz...

CPU: i7 2600K @4.6 GHz w/HT watercooled with a 120.2 Swiftech Ultima XT and four Noctua NF-P12's in push/pull using a Swiftech MCP 655-B pump

MB: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe - Revision 3

Memory: Kingston HyperX 2x4GB

Graphics: XFX Dual HD 6970 2GB Crossfired with full cover water blocks (still covered under warranty since I'm residing in North America - yay!). It's a shame XFX never made any GTX 460 1GB's, but I've been eying the XFX HD 6970's (because of their double lifetime warranty).

SSD (OS): Samsung 470 Series 256GB SSD

HDD (Storage): RAID 10 4x1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3

PSU: XFX Pro750 Watt

Case: LIAN LI Lancool PC-K62 - Gotta have a clear side panel to show it off. :P

The power consumption of an overclocked HD 6970 2GB's closely matches that of an overclocked GTX 460 1GB. Now, I'd probably be hitting the limits of the PSU, but I think it can handle it. They should let me win so I can find out. ;)

This would be perfect for the new build.

Asus P6X58D-E

I7 920

Kingston 128gb ssd

6 gigs of OCZ OCZ3OB1600LV6GK

Saphire 4850x2 or dual 4870's(not sure yet)

Creative X-Fi Extreme Audio

Antec 900

Swiftech MCP655 pump

Swiftech MCR220 radiator

OCZ HydroFlow CPU block

XFX Pro750 Watt PSU(hopefully)

Windows 7

if i was to win this contest i would swap out the graphics card in my current gamer and replace it with three xfx 6870's. i already have 1 in my folding machine so i'd get 2 more for a triple crossfire x on the p55ud5. the spec would be: watercooled i7-875k, gigabyte p55ud5, 4 gigs gskill pis 2200, triple xfx 6870's in cfx, sony optiarc supermulti, xfx power supply 750w, and the samsung f-3, windows7 pro-64bit os all tucked into my antec 1200. xfx has been my amd gpu manufacturer of choice for a couple of years now due to the quality of their products and lifetime warranty. my guess is they'll continue the tradition of quality and warranty with their PSU line.

Wow, gotta love OCC and XFX! Well I would love one of these to upgrade a rig that is using a 550w psu right now. I'd probably also upgrade the video card also!

CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 555

MOBO: ASUS M4A785-M

RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x2GB 1066

HDD: Western Digital Blue 500GB

GFX: XFX 9800GTX

PSU: XFX Pro750 Watt

CASE: HAF 922

Thanks OCC and XFX for this opportunity!

Hmm... if I won, I'd theoretically probably sell my current rig, less my graphics card, and go for a P67 rig.

CPU: i5-2500k

MOBO: MSI P67A-GD65

CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+

RAM: 8 gigs OCZ Gold Low Voltage DDR3 (link is the 4 gig)

GPU:ASUS DirectCU GTX460 1 gig

PSU: The XFX, obviously haha!

Case: NZXT Hades mid-tower

This is all theoretical of course :D

cjloki, you have to keep your specs in line with what you would put together if you won a 750 Watt PSU... not a 1000 Watt XFX PSU that they don't have. ;)

k fixx'd, thanx for the pull-up brah !