The Witcher 2

InCrYsIs

Just an FYI. If you have an issue downloading the Enhanced Edition update through the auto updater you may need to manually download the files individually. There were some corrupt files. You can find this all over the witcher forums. Once installed it is pretty nice to get all the new act 3 content especially since I left off at act 3.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the heads up, I saw your post just a day late and got a corrupt install of the EE.....how to remove the EE I wonder.....just uninstall?

hope others will not make same mistake I did lol

you can avoid the corruption by downloading manually part 2 and replacing it with the part 2 of the automatic download. after that everything works perfectly.

as for uninstalling EE (why would u want to do that?) you need to reinstall the whole game.

well, did the manual way, no luck either, for some reason it does the error thing at different points......I uninstalled, downloaded the game from GOG which I turned in a backup and it worked like a charm. And oh, did not lose any of my saves too, I elected to save them when I uninstalled.

On a side note, I was playing the first Witcher EE, bought from Steam, I finished it too, could not get enough of this game. I think that was the 10th or 12th time I played through it.....only issue I had with the Steam one is that it was buggy like hell, I gave away my DVD copy of Witcher1 a while back and had to buy the Steam copy of it, but in the end, I always had a hell of a time with it.

• 3 months later...

CD Projekt is the definition of what a game developer should be. Understand the fans, understand DRM doesn't help, Free DLC and now the Mod kit. EA/Bioware should take a look. I will buy every Witcher game they put out.

Edited by InCrYsIs

CD Projekt is the definition of what a game developer should be. Understand the fans, understand DRM doesn't help, Free DLC and now the Mod kit. EA/Bioware should take a look. I will buy every Witcher game they put out.

and Cyberpunk. Can't wait for that one.