DDR5 Ram?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GDDR5, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, is actually based on DDR3. GDDR4 is also based on DDR3, while GDDR3 is based on DDR2.

Sounds right to me

I'm not really concerned when DDR4 or DDR5 come out, RAM speed and technology seems to make the least difference in most everyday computing. Naturally I support the change because nanometer shrinks so they become more efficient, more densely packed (higher capacity, one of the more important traits), and cheaper (if they aren't gouging).

GDDR5, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, is actually based on DDR3. GDDR4 is also based on DDR3, while GDDR3 is based on DDR2.

Sounds right to me

I'm not really concerned when DDR4 or DDR5 come out, RAM speed and technology seems to make the least difference in most everyday computing. Naturally I support the change because nanometer shrinks so they become more efficient, more densely packed (higher capacity, one of the more important traits), and cheaper (if they aren't gouging).

Yes, I don't think technology can get all that faster, maybe by the time we are all dead and gone but I don't think we'll need any extremely overkilled builds anytime soon for every day use. Sure it's a bit different if you're a video editor for example but other then that eh not so sure.

Sounds right to me

Yes, I don't think technology can get all that faster, maybe by the time we are all dead and gone but I don't think we'll need any extremely overkilled builds anytime soon for every day use. Sure it's a bit different if you're a video editor for example but other then that eh not so sure.

And even then, when I used to render video back in my game design days....all it took was more memory (capacity). I didn't see very much difference when I tweaked memory speed.

buy up all your ddr3 ram sticks before ddr4 hits the field, if they get the same money boost as ddr2 had, you are rich! :P

personally i dont have any interest in ddr4 ram, its nice its there, but i already have pretty fast ram.

it never bottle-necked me before so why would it do in the near future?

buy up all your ddr3 ram sticks before ddr4 hits the field, if they get the same money boost as ddr2 had, you are rich! :P

personally i dont have any interest in ddr4 ram, its nice its there, but i already have pretty fast ram.

All depends on the software you want, I suppose photoshop 20.5 would bottleneck it  :P

All depends on the software you want, I suppose photoshop 20.5 would bottleneck it  :P
No, your wallet/bank account would sooner be suspect for bottlenecking the performance :lol: