Do audio cards make a huge difference?

kennethk

If you're using a headset like the Logitech G930s would it really be worth getting an audio card?

Actually this was suppose to be for audio cards, sorry posted in the wrong topic and got confused. :P

Edited by wevsspot

I'm not extremely knowledgeable about this but I don't think you should bother getting a sound card if your using a G930. I thought it would only be worthwhile to get a sound card if you have high quality headphones, stuff audiophiles have. 
AKGs, Sennheisers and what not.

What Mobo do you have? In most cases the on-board sound does the job very well. A dedicated sound card will give you better quality and more settings but it comes at a price + you have to get the right cables, speakers & a good headset to go with.

The cans you have are good so if you are happy with the sound just save the $ lol.

I'll go against the grain here  :)

Many onboard sound solutions lack the amplification abilities of a good discrete sound card.  Some audio cards mfg. by the likes of Asus even have dedicated headphone amps onboard.  While I grant that many of today's onboard motherboard sound solutions are miles better than those from years back, if you appreciate great audio in many situations it would warrant the addition of a discrete sound card. 

I'll go against the grain here   :)

Many onboard sound solutions lack the amplification abilities of a good discrete sound card.  Some audio cards mfg. by the likes of Asus even have dedicated headphone amps onboard.  While I grant that many of today's onboard motherboard sound solutions are miles better than those from years back, if you appreciate great audio in many situations it would warrant the addition of a discrete sound card. 

I couldn't agree more lol. What I meant is it comes down to usage/budget.

Hey guy's, usually I use a 5.1 surround sound, it kinda sucks so I'll more than likely switch to logitech z506. With that said any suggestions for the best/cheap sound card out there? I use a msi military class 3 board with fm2 socket, will soon be changing to a am3+ socket with vishera cpu.

If you're using the Logitech G930, it runs on USB so there's no reason to even consider a discrete sound card. USB headsets, be they wired or wireless, run on their own sound processing and bypass any other solution.

If you're using the Logitech G930, it runs on USB so there's no reason to even consider a discrete sound card. USB headsets, be they wired or wireless, run on their own sound processing and bypass any other solution.

Good catch  :)

I flat out missed that.  My cans are analog  :)