Just blown away at GT5's photo mode

MJCRO

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're ages behind bro - GT5 is AMAZING!!!

Around 200 of the 1,000+ cars get that "Premium" treatment to look that good. It takes an obscene amount of man hours to model them - 6 months worth of man hours PER CAR, so of course most of the 1,000+ cars were ported over from the PS2 game. With the budget exceeding $80 million dollars, you can't blame them for having to cut payroll :lol:.

Fun fact: Even the underside of the premium cars are meticulously modeled, from the transmissions to exhaust routing :wub: .

I'm gonna be the odd man out and say that they don't look all that realistic.

They honestly look amazing but none of those shots really look all that real.

I'm not crapping on your thread by the way, I'm pretty sure I made a post like this about GT4 :lol: when that came out and I had just bought it.

It's just that I haven't played GT5 and don't have a PS3 so I haven't been pulled into the hype.

When I played the first Gran Turismo everyone (including myself) said that this was realistic:

"Oh my god, it looks so real!" :lol:

fotogranturismoandmotortoon2twinpack.jpg

I'm gonna be the odd man out and say that they don't look all that realistic.

They honestly look amazing but none of those shots really look all that real.

I'm not crapping on your thread by the way, I'm pretty sure I made a post like this about GT4 :lol: when that came out and I had just bought it.

It's just that I haven't played GT5 and don't have a PS3 so I haven't been pulled into the hype.

When I played the first Gran Turismo everyone (including myself) said that this was realistic:

"Oh my god, it looks so real!" :lol:

fotogranturismoandmotortoon2twinpack.jpg

But hey, it's getting there Drew. tongue.gif

Really popular fab out in Japan. All they do is slam and camber their rides like crazy. They can get away with it though since the roads amazing out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QWtLXRefkM&feature=related

Must suck to have to replace the tires every 3k miles, only having about an inch or two of tire contacting the road and all.... Not to mention the saftey, and handling aspects. Must be impossible to drive in the rain. It looks flat out retarded. Some guy that lives in the barracks next to me has a hatchback civic thats camber'ed similar to the one at 1:20 in the first vid. Being sarcastic, and subtly telling him it looks retarded, I said "dude dont drive that saftey hazard next to my car". I'm not normally an butt but I couldn't help myself :D He didn't think it was as funny as I did. haha

Must suck to have to replace the tires every 3k miles, only having about an inch or two of tire contacting the road and all.... Not to mention the saftey, and handling aspects. Must be impossible to drive in the rain. It looks flat out retarded. Some guy that lives in the barracks next to me has a hatchback civic thats camber'ed similar to the one at 1:20 in the first vid. Being sarcastic, and subtly telling him it looks retarded, I said "dude dont drive that saftey hazard next to my car". I'm not normally an butt but I couldn't help myself :D He didn't think it was as funny as I did. haha

No your right, it is retarded. Like a tiny bit is ok, but not the kind those idiots do in Japan.