OCZ Vertex 4 256GB SSD Examined

Nemo

Getting rid of the transparent compression doesn't seem to have hurt the performance at all...it absolutely slaughters all the SandForce drives in the write tests!

Getting rid of the transparent compression doesn't seem to have hurt the performance at all...it absolutely slaughters all the SandForce drives in the write tests!

And you couldn't be anymore write.... :teehee:

Hey, can someone tell me how well these drives fair on the asmedia controller on the z77 boards. I have a chance at raid 0 with 4 of these drives using the sata 6gbps asmedia controllers. :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

Hey, can someone tell me how well these drives fair on the asmedia controller on the z77 boards. I have a chance at raid 0 with 4 of these drives using the sata 6gbps asmedia controllers. :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

Probably not well at a guess. Do it and post scaling results!

Most of the commonly available ASMedia SATA controllers connect to the system using a single PCIe lane. This configuration doesn't allow sufficient bandwidth for one SATA 6Gb/s SSD much less two or more in RAID.