Linux as an OS

Jklein

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread reminds me even further how I cannot wait to switch to Linux. I hate dealing with Windows errors, and though they aren't constant, they are enough to drive me away. Once college is done (LibreOffice doesn't format things right the last time I used it, and the PowerPoint version actually did not work at all when saving files), I think I'll be making the switch to Ubuntu. Already messing with it in a VM, and love it.

I really like linux and as much as I'd like to switch 100% I just cannot. there are still things you can do in windows you cant do in Linux. Although steam works well only a few of my games are compatible. Not that I play games much anyhow.

Another big loss is that Amazon Instant Video/prime doesnt work in Linux or Android... spent a few hours trying browsers and things with no luck....

Another big loss is that Amazon Instant Video/prime doesnt work in Linux or Android... spent a few hours trying browsers and things with no luck....

Was it a flash issue or a user agent issue?

I would think that'd be easy to circumvent, but given that they are top tier content providers I imagine they have pretty good security measures.

I would think that'd be easy to circumvent, but given that they are top tier content providers I imagine they have pretty good security measures.

Probably a DRM issue more than anything.

Probably a DRM issue more than anything.

Hmmm, I suppose thats a good pint.