Sapphire Radeon 5870 Toxic 2GB Reviewed

Bosco

nice to see that it throws it's weight around with the 480, it really doesn't justify the heat & power consumption for the little performance difference IMO (unless u play far cry2 or batman aa) :bah:

I've always loved your reviews Ccokeman :wub::lol:

Just 2 things, I think you should add Unigine Heaven Benchmarks for these new cards, And update the games list? How about cryostasis, that games always produced interesting Results for both Camps, and bad company 2? (maybe Add Lost planet 2 and crysis 2 when they get released aswell) :)

I registered just to say thanks for the review. I've been scouring the net for pcb pics, fan specs, oc headroom (considering the locked voltage), and any other info on this card. What an EXCELLENT review! Beautiful pics, detailed board info, fan specifications, quick overclock results, everything!

I've been holding out for two things, full Fermi specifications, and 2GB 5870 cards to surface. I've decided on 5870 2GB CF but needed more info on this card before choosing it over the eyefinity models. This review helped tremendously and answered all my questions. Gotta find them now...

Edited by hauk

I've always loved your reviews Ccokeman :wub::lol:

Just 2 things, I think you should add Unigine Heaven Benchmarks for these new cards, And update the games list? How about cryostasis, that games always produced interesting Results for both Camps, and bad company 2? (maybe Add Lost planet 2 and crysis 2 when they get released aswell) :)

This should be the last card run with the current games. We will be using a new set of games in the near future. Unigine is part of that listing.

I registered just to say thanks for the review. I've been scouring the net for pcb pics, fan specs, oc headroom (considering the locked voltage), and any other info on this card. What an EXCELLENT review! Beautiful pics, detailed board info, fan specifications, quick overclock results, everything!

I've been holding out for two things, full Fermi specifications, and 2GB 5870 cards to surface. I've decided on 5870 2GB CF but needed more info on this card before choosing it over the eyefinity models. This review helped tremendously and answered all my questions. Gotta find them now...

Thanks

This should be the last card run with the current games. We will be using a new set of games in the near future. Unigine is part of that listing.

Thanks

I'd also like to suggest something. Instead of each review only showing that one cards overclock numbers, it would be nice to show every cards overclock numbers. have a bar for each, and then maybe the last 10% of each bar going a little higher to show its overclock potential. Cause we're all probably going to overclock, and each card has different headroom, so that's what we want to see. Pain in the butt to go through each review and write down the overclock numbers for that single card to compare several cards.