ROCCAT Isku FX Multicolor Gaming Keyboard Reviewed

Bosco

Good keyboard. Would have been great if it were a mechanical keyboard.
I don't think many user will buy a $80 non-mechanical keyboard.

Just my thoughts here.

Edited by d6bmg

I'm surprised at the pricing too.  I know that Roccat is supposed to have some level of "gaming" pedigree associated with their products, but frankly I've never found that to be the case with their mice or keyboards considering the price point.  Great review though Waco.  I always enjoy reading your stuff.

I pronounce it "Rah-cat"

Anywho, as for the keyboard, are we really that surprised with the pricing? ROCCAT products have always been overpriced. It's really the only major negative its products ever suffer. They're like Razer, except haven't been around as long for fanboys to soak it all up.

Personally, I don't see the big hype about mechanical keyboards. I love my Trigger, but I don't see me typing any better...the only real benefit is longevity, but even then, my previous dome keyboard lasted years. If this keyboard was priced more in-line with non-mechanical keyboards, then I think it'd actually deserve a Gold. ROCCAT needs to hire a pricing analyst!

If this keyboard was priced more in-line with non-mechanical keyboards, then I think it'd actually deserve a Gold. ROCCAT needs to hire a pricing analyst!

I think you hit the nail right on the head there.  Based on price only I'd personally have a hard time picking this keyboard over something like the Microsoft Sidewinder x4.

^^ Sidewinder X4 was one of the very good keyboard for it's price.

ROCCAT products have always been overpriced. It's really the only major negative its products ever suffer. They're like Razer, except haven't been around as long for fanboys to soak it all up.

Yeah, that is 100% true.