What bonus material influences a game purchase?

neddamttocs

Well this week we have a good question coming from Guest_Jim_*:

What bonus material influences a game purchase?

For example, a soundtrack with a game and it can push me over the edge when I'm not sure about getting a game.

Other bonus content like movies, digital books, maps, etc. don't grab me as much, but maybe they do for some people.

Of course this bonus material isn't pre-order DLC or just included DLC that can be purchased separately.

I chose to leave a poll out of this as everyone will have a unique answer.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can still get games with bonus material? Haha :lol:

I do remember getting Morrowind with a pretty map a chunky manual and a coin I think. I don't know but its been years since I have gotten anything with any real bonus material it just seems that companies have no interest in putting in bonuses or even manuals.

So ill say that no material influences a game purchase for me.

Also we should bring back the days of being able to take the audio tracks out of the game files instead of getting a seperate soundtrack.

I don't care about any bonus or DLC material, it's just a money making racket. I turn off the games music unless it's a game like GTA where I can listen to my own stuff. I also avoid multiplayer games like the plague. A good game with a good single player campaign is a must for me.

I don't really know of too many cases where there's bonus material. Anymore games usually sell by themselves and that's it, anything else usually has to be bought separately. Have to pay for soundtracks now even.

About as close as I get to this concept is paying for collector's editions or something like that, but that's not really bonus material, I just really can't even think of any games with bonus material, could we get specific examples perhaps?

Bonus material for me almost never makes any difference. When I look to buy a game I look at the games story line to see if it will draw me in. If it does then I go and try to find a demo so I can see if the game mechanics are something I will enjoy.

Since it appears that some are not sure about what I meant by bonus material, here's the stuff added to the Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition. Some of these are not bonus material, but I'm listing them all first:

[*]Additional hours of gameplay: New major adventures set in previously unseen locations, expanding the story and introducing new characters, mysteries and monsters.

[*]New Game Introduction and cinematics: All new animations and cut scenes, including a new, three and a half minute pre-rendered cinematic depicting the assassination of King Demavend of Aedirn.

[*]BAFTA Award winner and Academy Award nominee Tomasz Baginski brings this key historical event to life, setting the stage for the story told in The Witcher 2.

[*]All of the up-to-date DLC and improvements introduced in the 2.0 version of the PC game, including:

[*]Arena Mode