So yeah... this is basically how I view my dream WC setup.

Andrewr05

Though I'd probably still not be satisfied...for I'd get on a warpath attaching any appliance that generates heat as a byproduct of its function and have it routed to my water heating lol

Since almost everyone is a coffee savage (I'm oddly not, at all), I always thought of designing a coffee machine that used the heat generated by a house's refrigerator to keep the coffee water super hot and ready (with a closeable thermostat of course, so it doesn't just boil out the water). I got this idea watching the coffee machine at my job sit right next to the ice maker and thought...why the hell isn't all that refrigeration heat NOT heating the coffee?!

It wouldn't work to actually brew coffee (temperature needs to be about 192 degrees, I'm not sure if it gets that hot?) but it would make sense to use its waste heat for something though.

I know it wouldn't brew it but the heating unit in the coffee maker itself wouldn't have to work as hard, and it would heat up almost instantly!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I duno .. 17 fans and 2 480 rads is super overkill . I much rather have 4 fans and 1 for 99% the same temps

I don't think a single rad would keep all that cool...
Waco Gtx extreme 2would be severe overkill to give you an idea the 240 model is rated to cool between 900-1200 watts on its own depending on the fan. If he went with noise blockers or other high static pressure fans he definitely could have cooled twice that with a single 480 but the the build aesthetic would be off.