Corsair AF and SP Series Fan Review

bp9801

Those are very good fans. The best part of the review is the comparison between stock noctua fans and SP120 fans. I'm really impressed by the 5C improvement of temperature @overclocked load condition.

@Waco: Another nice review. :thumbsup:

Those are very good fans. The best part of the review is the comparison between stock noctua fans and SP120 fans. I'm really impressed by the 5C improvement of temperature @overclocked load condition.

@Waco: Another nice review. :thumbsup:

Though at the expense of noise. How would the AF fans do instead of the SP fans?

I hear that the AF fans wobble or some such if placed pushing air upwards. Can someone verify?

They didn't do anything like that in my testing. They're remarkably sturdy.

Though at the expense of noise. How would the AF fans do instead of the SP fans?

Since the AF series aren't intended for heatsinks (a 3 cm gap between the fans and any restriction is suggested) I didn't test them that way.

The faster SP120 performed on par with the stock Noctua fans when using the low-speed adapter and was pretty quiet. :cheers:

^^ Pretty quiet means? Was it louder than stock noctua fans?

About as quiet as the Noctua fans. They'd be great if you had a fan controller or used the PWM controls on your motherboard. :)